ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup on order - need mods

Hi folks,

Went out for a demo drive last week in a Clio Cup and loved it. Ordered it the same day, so Ill soon be joining the clan. Being a bike nut I want the car to sound as good as it looks and drives so Im after a bit of advice if possible?

Been shopping around and Im thinking of getting a Magnex cat-back 6x4 oval exhaust but it looks like it only fits the pre-facelift Clio 172s. Is this right, or will it fit my new Cup?

K&N dont seem to do a replacement air filter for the facelift 172s, only the 57i induction kit. I think Green do a replacement filter and was wondering if anyone has tried one?

Finally, Im keeping the mods subtle for a while to try and keep my Renault warranty intact. Im pretty sure a replacement air filter wont affect the warranty, but whats the score with exhausts? Do Renault take a dim view or are they fairly flexible?

Cheers in advance, and if anyone ever needs any bike advice Im your man :D

Cheers guys - the heart says get an induction kit but the head is worried about the warranty. Do Renault refuse to cover any warranty claims on the engine if youve had an induction kit fitted?

Ive seen that Viper system. Sweet...

Hurray for K-Tec!! Hip...Hip..Hurrayy! And enjoy the Cup! Might be worth hangin on a while thou...see if RenaultSport bring out more. They have already brought out a chip(8.2k limiter!) which sounds right up your warranty street!

Bikeman- Just put the old filter and box back on before servicing, not a big deal?

Does anyone remember Captain Planet?

-Rob

Trophy

An Induction Kit on its own will probably make the engine run lean, needs the fueling altering if your fitting one.

Mat.

I can see why the induction kit would make it run lean and require a chip upgade. Will I be OK with just a filter? I dont want to start messing with the ECU for a while.

Or should I just get the exhaust and leave it at that?

Well i dont know..the filter is quite a big part of the experience..you can get a Dastek unit which is a piggy back i think, adjustable for the future and i presume you can take it off and it will return to std?

-Rob

buy an exhaust, and I think the 6x4 oval looks sooooo nice, and then leave it until you can afford the Renault ECU upgrade.

A direct replacement panel filter wont affect the car adversly, but wont make much/any difference to performance.

If you want it to go even quicker just remove the back seats, after riding a bike you want want more than 1 passenger anyway!

Have fun

Cheers folks - Ill go with the Magnex zorst and leave it at that.

This Renault ECU upgrade, where can I get more info from?

And yes, more than one passenger seat is a bonus ;)

Not entirely sure if that ECU will be ok with the Magnex..

And youll have to chuck it away once everyone starts getting throttle bodies!

-Rob