ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup out, Jap toy in!

DC5
Hi guys,

As many of you will know I managed to sell my 172 Cup last weekend. My new car wasn't taxed so wanted to pick it up today with it being the first day of the month, so the past few days have been going very slowly.

Non of that matters now, as it was well worth the wait. The car is amazing. Such a nicer drive than the clio, and the handling, well - stunning!! I have never been comfortable with the clio's handling, but this feels like it is glued to the road, it goes round corners like it is on rails.

It's a bit dirty after a drive up the motorway, and the pics were taken on my phone, but you get the idea:

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DC5Interior1.jpg

DC5Interior.jpg

I have only had it an afternoon, but couldn't be happier with it so far!! :cool:

cock mobile.
I hate you! lol.

Quality motor mate, and you'll only love it each day more and more.

Leon Cupra R 225
Stunning.

We've been here before in a thread but can't find it, how much is the insurance on these? Silly sky high? Or do-able high?

Me want me want!

DC5
Cheers for the comments guys.

The insurance is a bit of a stinger with it being an import. I am paying £1250. I am 22 with 5 yrs protected NCB and suspension declared. I was paying £500 on the clio.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol just notcied who's the guy in the background taking a pic on his phone?

DC5

lol, that is someone at my bro's work. He works at a Land Rover / Seat / Saab garage, and they are all Honda obsessed, they were all out drooling over it and taking pics.

The amount of looks I have had from people passing by is incredible. I knew I would have a few, but it seems to catch every1s eye.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
awsome motor, i dont think ive seen any pics of them red recaros looking clean, they allways look a little dirty probly different in the flesh tho.

307 hdi (powered by derv)

lol, that is someone at my bro's work. He works at a Land Rover / Seat / Saab garage, and they are all Honda obsessed, they were all out drooling over it and taking pics.

The amount of looks I have had from people passing by is incredible. I knew I would have a few, but it seems to catch every1s eye.

i was just gona ask if it was you who works at seat? could see it was the garage from the pics. i was down there the other day to pick up our work car.
I saw a jordan civic out the back.

DC5
i was just gona ask if it was you who works at seat? could see it was the garage from the pics. i was down there the other day to pick up our work car.
I saw a jordan civic out the back.

Its my bro that works there these days. I used to work there. The Jordan is my bros car :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
guy i know in dundee is getting one of these on import and hes paying £1700 insurance as well.

smert bus tho

DC5
Going to keep it fairly standard I think. It is already sitting on different springs, and by sounds of it I have just bought myself a short shifter. Other than that I don't think I am going to touch it - for now. lol.

ITR UKDC2
welcome to the Jap club!

look awesome mate!

never been in one......going to castle combe next month so will be intresting to see how DC5's perform on track.

Is that SAT NAV you got in the dash? does it work in the UK?

good to see they have taken the fog light at the back out and placed it somewhere sensible

DC5
welcome to the Jap club!

look awesome mate!

never been in one......going to castle combe next month so will be intresting to see how DC5's perform on track.

good to see they have taken the fog light at the back out and placed it somewhere sensible

Yeah it is sat nav and tv etc, but no, neither work in the UK. Going to Honda at lunch, so might ask if it is possible to get a new disc to make it work in the UK.

Yeah, fog light will be in the rear cluster. It was meant to be done before I picked it up, but he has the wrong bulb. So got to try and do it myself. Should be easy enough though.

cock mobile.
welcome to the Jap club!

look awesome mate!

Yeah it is sat nav and tv etc, but no, neither work in the UK. Going to Honda at lunch, so might ask if it is possible to get a new disc to make it work in the UK.

Yeah, fog light will be in the rear cluster. It was meant to be done before I picked it up, but he has the wrong bulb. So got to try and do it myself. Should be easy enough though.

If it's a Jap HU mate it won't work because all the frequencies are wrong! It will either be expensive to make it work, or impossible :(

You say keep it standard, I thought the same, give it a few months and you'll get the modding bug, hard not too with that car!