ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Packs and insurance

Arctic Just A 182
Do cup packs count as modifications which must be mentioned, or - given that they had their "modifications" done before they left the factory - do you just give your insurers the licence plate number and be done with it?

Nope as they are factory spec they do not need declaring.

On a side note you really should have picked a different username! ;)

With my insurance company, they asked me "has the car been modified, including any optional extras"

Which confused me, so I declared the cup packs. Made no difference to price.

Lee

BMW M2C
I remember telling my insurance and they said "that's modified" so I hung up, called back, told them again and they said "they're factorty options so fine", f**king idiots.

It's worth telling them these things. I declared the Recaros in the Cup, even though they're a factory option. It's noted on my policy, but made no difference to the cost.

they are factory spec so no, its like merc's etc with the amg kits, you dont really need to declare them imo

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
they are factory spec so no, its like merc's etc with the amg kits, you dont really need to declare them imo

You do actually....with a LOT of companies.

Tesco Specifically ask "Is the car modified including any optional extras"

And if you check your policy terms from most insurers it will cover pretty much the same thing....

(weather or not they charge u for the options is up to them, but it is another reason for them not to pay out)

Arctic Just A 182
Thanks for the advice.

I suspect the main problem I'll have is that I'm pretty much stuck with having my insurance with Direct Line - although I've got 3 years NCB built up myself, I've spent the last 3 years as a named driver on my mother's insurance (don't laugh at me). As Direct Line allow named drivers to build up NCB's but only if you get insured through them I'm pretty much stuck, especially as the 3 years + 3 years amounts to full no claims.