ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Questions

172 Cup
I've just bought a cup and it needs a couple of bits doing on it so need some advice.

I've got a slight blow from the exhaust so will be looking for a replacement. I'm probably going to go off a full stainless system but don't want it much louder than stock. Does the decat make much difference noise-wise?
Any suggestions as to which exhaust to go for?

Another thing I'm looking at replacing is the engine mounts. There seems to be a bit of movement on the drivers side top one so that will be going. With the powerflex bushes fitted, is there much of an increase in vibration in the car? Is it worth just sticking with replacement standard items?

Finally, there's a bit of play in the gear lever and it doesn't feel too good going through the box.
Are there any particular bushes that wear in the linkage and may need replacing or not?

Personaly I'd stick with stock but none listens they only agree later

Change the dogbone mount (under the car easy to do though) and the movement in the gear leaver will stop/reduce.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
  182cup & 172 racecar
New standard engine mounts make a lot of difference,gear lever play might be normal to what your used to.

As Ed says,change dogbone.

If you still have play, PM Yanoo on here and get one of his stiffening kits,well worth it.

172 Cup

Thanks for that. From what I'd read, I thought that the stealth was pretty quiet so I was considering one of them. Looks like that might be a non-starter if that's the case. It's a shame really as its not a bad price compared to the standard centre section and back box.

As for the engine mounts, I'll try the standard dog bone first and see if that helps the gear lever play at all. I need to get the airbox out and check the N/S mount, no doubt it'll have a bit of movement in it like the O/S one.

I've got a ktec stealth. They're pretty quiet, not as quiet as std but it is fine for motorway cruising and not drawing attention to yourself. There is a drone at about 60 but it is gone by 70.

Decat makes quite a big difference to noise.

Liquid Yellow R27
I have recently de-catted my standard 182 Cup exhaust. It isn't a massive difference, but it just makes the previous 'raspier sound' but louder. I'm going to upload a video of the sound to my progress thread soon.