ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Racer

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
Yeah I bet you could get them both for 16 something, sell the trailer and make a bit back towards the car. Lovely trailer too though.

The newspaper clippings in the pictures has a brilliant picture too with it on two wheels broadside at the top of Duffus Dip Knockhill, new pants required.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yeah way to much money! also the race box hes asking for £6k (The car is £14999 and the Dastle is £5999, but a deal for the pair can be discussed in the region of £18999.)

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How much bloody money?

Yeah it might have an £8k gearbox in it, but you could build the rest of the car for under £5k these days and the cup racers I've seen have been bent and straightened 20 times

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
I wouldn't buy it personally (at that money) but I think the owner is expecting extra money for its past success and who has looked after it. Mk2 racer's are getting harder to get a hold of now, the prices will start going up soon.

You would be stupid to buy a mk2 just now with the mk4 having just came out, loads of cheap mk3's going about.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
If that's the case Morgan I should of held on to mine! Last championship winning car in that shape driven by Tom-Onslow-Cole, bought and sold mine for circa £11k a couple of years back, I can't see them going up in money tbh, most are seriously bent and championships they can run in are thin on the ground due to the sequential box.
Russ

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
Yeah the more recent for sale adds I have seen have been at least a few grand more than you sold yours, I have never enquired but most have had spares packages which could explain it if they are fairly good.

Martijn said the other night they are hard to get a hold of and commanding a premium as they are worth more in bits to the ones still going about.

It says in that add they produced 32 cars, surely not. Some of the foreign grids looked 30 deep themselves.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
Yeah there'll be a lot more than that, 32 uk cars maybe? My car went to poland so thats one less in the country, the only thing in them work any money imo is the box and as mentioned its not as good as the euro spec ones anyway. All the electronics are now antique and most people just upgrade them if there are problems instead of paying the extortionate prices people want for the ecu and dash.
Russ

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio V6, cup racer
Yeah there'll be a lot more than that, 32 uk cars maybe? My car went to poland so thats one less in the country, the only thing in them work any money imo is the box and as mentioned its not as good as the euro spec ones anyway. All the electronics are now antique and most people just upgrade them if there are problems instead of paying the extortionate prices people want for the ecu and dash.
Russ

34 UK cars made, I have #34. I guess a few more must have been built up from parts though.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio V6, cup racer
Also have a Renault Spider with the slightly earlierSadev box in it so have a fair bit of experience running them. Frequent oil changes are the key, use only redline shockproof oil as recommended by SWR and aside from linkage issues I have had no problems at all. Its a great box and a huge advantage when racing, get past cars while their drivers are fumbling around their gate! Its odd that the Spider ran a gearbox oil cooler yet the Clio doesn't, maybe due to excess heat in the rear of the Spider, I don't know. The Clio one is still sealed from the race season in 2005, although the car had not been run much between then and when I bought the car a year ago (far cheaper than the one mentioned above BTW!), they are probably due a rebuild, but as they are running so well I am reluctant to take the cost. I think the Spider is a STDA while this is a ST75 but don't quote me on it. Luckily I am just down the road from Steve Waudby so can pop it in easily if the need arises-. Must admit, running a FWD race car has been one long learning exercise having only had mid engine stuff before and been a bit scared of the mechanics of FWD Clio- odd really as its very simple compared to the other 2 cars (v6 Clio as well) yet very alien to me. Getting there though!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
There seems to be the select few that get problems with the boxes and it has grown arms and legs, the boxes are stupid money when they do go bang though, a single gear is circa £500 from some reports and there is 6 plus CW & P etc etc.

I contemplated buying a Sadev once or twice but it makes no sense too me, you are better buying a cup racer and then speccing it up, maybe In a few years. The Clio's are pretty easy to work and the cup racers even more so with their moved power steering pump and bare essentials.

What engines did the spiders have in them then, I remember watching them race in the 90's.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio V6, cup racer
F7R in the spider. Megane trophy spec around 185-190 BHP

I probably should start a project thread for the Clio, only been here lurking since 2005!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Cup In bits
F7R in the spider. Megane trophy spec around 185-190 BHP

I probably should start a project thread for the Clio, only been here lurking since 2005!

Get on it :)

Its good to here about other cup racers, not many threads about with them. I have robbed all the suspension and a good few other bits of one so keen to here anything about them.