ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP refuses to catch.....

CLIO RS CUP
OK you lot.......

Just bought a 52plate Ph2 172 CUP. I have found that on occassions it will not start. I remedied it initilly by simply locking and un locking the car. This time my party trick dint work :(

So i searched and i searched on here and found out that it could be the relays in the fuse box. Off i trot and try the car once more.... its turning and turning but wont catch.

I look in the fuse box ans see a fuse that appears to be an after market addition spliced into two thick ish (4mm) wires, one red one yellow. I have so shocking iphone quality piccies below. The one of the wires from this additional fuse was not connected and on reconnnecting it i got the warning tone from the siren. So i lock it unlock it and now it appears to work everytime on the first turn of the key.

Any suggestions on this rogue fuse??
Also there seems to be quite a few empty holes..... should i be seeing more relays than this?

I hope you appreciate that as a newb i did search and read first to solve the issue :rasp: but now id like ya help
IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Alarm/immobilsier?

Also tdc sensors cause starting faults.

CLIO RS CUP
I assume its an imobiliser fault as it refused to catch. also the alarm would not go off when locked with the bonnet lifted. After reconnecting this "rogue fuse" it would sound the siren if locked with doors/bonnet open..

Can some one have a peak in there fuse box to get me a piccy?? :)

CLIO RS CUP
I went ghetto on the rogue fuse and soldered that sucker up. Semms to have remedied the starting issue. Still got no clue wot it's been added for mind :/