ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup shocks vs normal shocks

mk1 Octavia VRS
Fitment is the same for all 172s. I believe the 172 rear shocks are the same both both cups and non cups. I'd expect the cup shocks have a higher damping rate to better match the increased spring rate the cup comes with. The 182 cup rear shocks are different to non cup shocks and will fit 172s too.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I believe the 172 rear shocks are the same both both cups and non cups.

They are different, although you were right to say get the 182 cup shocks :) . One of the traders on here put up an incorrect list showing both the 172 cup and non-cup with the same part number. The cup has a higher damping rate and both 182 and 172 cups share the same rear shocks.

This is the incorrect number: 8200662257

And this is the correct number: 8200681125

mk1 Octavia VRS
They are different, although you were right to say get the 182 cup shocks :) . One of the traders on here put up an incorrect list showing both the 172 cup and non-cup with the same part number. The cup has a higher damping rate and both 182 and 172 cups share the same rear shocks.

This is the incorrect number: 8200662257

And this is the correct number: 8200681125

Ah yeah - the trader's part number list was why I thought they were the same. It did seem a bit odd that the cup would have different front shocks but the same rear shocks!