ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Spoiler Brake Light Connector

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

Just come to fit a Cup spoiler to replace my standard Sport one and I've got a new brake light as well but it won't fit. The connector on my car is round and the one on the brake light is square, see pics below.

Easiest way to get it to fit? I don't have a soldering iron so that plan is out the window unless I buy one.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
You need the connecting loom that comes with the cup spoiler.

I presume you didn't get one?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
And your original won't be long enough either hence the need for this extra wiring piece.

Yeah I had this. My resolution: Get to a breakers and find a laguna it has the correct square connector as the cup spoiler -snip it off. Snip your round one off, strip the plastic outer off the wires, connect together, insulation tape it up - no need for any soldering.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Thinking about this, would it not be possible to cut the loom off the car end and fit two female spade connectors that will then go into the brake light? Only problem may be it being too short like you've said @mossyv6.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Had another look at this tonight, tried to trim the existing loom down to fit the new light but no joy. After much cutting, I've managed to free the cables which has given me this (see below).

What I'm going to go is wrap electrical tape around each wire so they can't touch but I don't know which wire goes to which bit in the connector on the brake light. If I get them the wrong way round I assume it'll just blow the fuse? Anyone know which way round they go?

image.jpeg