ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Spoiler Folks with a Fabia Splitter

FF Arctic Blue 182
Just ordered this from Skoda as the original on the car at the mo is half missing. Daft question, I take it their are holes in the bumper where the original attaches, and can I just re-use these holes?

You could try to reuse the holes but:

A) They're a bit naff.
B) Often when the original spoiler is ripped off (speedbump/carpark/kerb I always assume) the holes are ripped/destroyed too.
C) Good luck working out what was a splitter hole, what is a random stone-chip hole, what is an injection-moulding-release hole & what is just dirt lol.

A much better idea is to get some short "self tapping" screws from B&Q (failing that short wood screws seemed to work fine) and just screw those straight through the splitter and straight through the bumper. The splitter is made from cheese and the underside of the bumper is hardly difficult to screw a thread into.

Impreza Wagon
When I fitted mine I just used an electric screwdriver and added new holes where I needed them. The plastic is very weak so it's not a difficult job.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just offer up the splitter to the bumper , hold it in place with masking tape and drill some small pilot holes and use self tappers .

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They're called self-tappers for a reason. Pilot holes are not needed, they're a complete waste of your time and effort.

As above, just screw through the splitter and bumper in one.

107 Track Car & C4
What size self-tapper's has everyone used, thinking of adding a Skoda splitter to mine soon..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I thought the point of a pilot was to stop the thing being screwed into cracking/splitting?

+1 Self tappers are good in something solid . Why run the risk of cracking something as flimsy as a Clio bumper which is only a couple of mm thick . Pilot hole first then Self tappers ( size #10 ) ftw :rasp:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Granted it would be worth it if people that haven't drilled pilot holes had experienced cracking.

I didn't have a problem with cracking, and as far as I'm aware, no one else has. At all.

So it is a complete waste of time and effort!