ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Stolen - update!!

Found by West Yorkshire police, burnt out and completely destroyed in Bradford.

What a waste! For Gods sake, these people make me sick.......

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Sure it was the theives that burnt it, and not a reno tech fault? :)

Although in all seriousness, what a waste. It does indeed sicken you.

Everytime I drive past a crashed/burnt/stolen car, I cant help but think it was someones pride and joy, no matter how old/rusty etc.

I have just found out that it was actually recovered on the 1st July and its taken them this long to identify it. Thats 7 days after it was taken, so may have been used for a job??

Still making me feel sick......

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ive got a feeling it prolly was used for a specific job.

The dealer reckons mine was stolen for a job and will end up the same way as yours.

(Mine was a Red 03plate 172, stolen from dealer forecourt last week).

Quote: Originally posted by Clarel on 13 July 2004

hope they werent your wheels someone has just sold on ebay, the guy selling them was from bradford.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7909325954&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7909325954&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

That is guttin! What have the insurance company said???

What sorta sercurity does the cups/172/182s come with as standard - just factory ones? If so they sound completly crap!

E90

At least West Yorkshire police found it, took em five years to find the Yorkshire Ripper. :):)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

^^ that was only a stroke of luck they found him..

They really dont care about car crime as long as long as there cash machines keep bringing in the ££

f**k me!

We did have 5 wheels - and one of them was brand new!!!!!!!

When the car was stolen it had about 3000 miles!!!!

Gits!

Quote: Originally posted by Illusion on 13 July 2004

That is guttin! What have the insurance company said???

What sorta sercurity does the cups/172/182s come with as standard - just factory ones? If so they sound completly crap!

They broke into the house to steal the keys - no alarm/immobiliser required!!!

Have reported the wheels on ebay to the police, they are not taking it too seriously TBH.....

Yaris Hybrid

If the police were serious about crime they would have dozens of people browsing ebay all day long as half the stuff on there is nicked same as the local free ad papers.

Hi there.

I dont usually post, hence its my first post. Im from Bradford, unfortunately. I would like to know where it was nicked from and where it was found so I can keep my eyes peeled and baseball bat at hand.

I suspect that it was probably used in a job, dumped and if its a bit of a carp area, burnt out by kids.

Oh and yes im looking to move out of this s**t hole city, but thats another story. :(

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by TheRonin_172 on 13 July 2004

hope they werent your wheels someone has just sold on ebay, the guy selling them was from bradford.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7909325954&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7909325954&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
This is wot it says on his ME page!!

"Im 28 and have been buying and selling games since I was a kid. If you cant find something either on ebay or anywhere else just email me and I may be able to find it!"

hmmmm wot does that sound like to you??

R.I.P 182

have only coverd 4000mile and hav cum off my own 53reg clio.happy bidding..........

<- lovely grammer.. his name says 1984 = assuming that he is 19, can a 19 y/o even get insured on a 53 reg cup?

R.I.P 182

^-- Definatly.. sounds abit suspicious to me, seeing as you had a set on 4k and an unused spare, same area, bloke sounds abit fishy too.. Go and have a look!

Theyve been sold! And the guy who "bought" them said that he paid for them and then the seller said theyd been stolen from him so he couldnt sell them.

So he didnt end up with them and I think may have lost £450! He was very helpful and gave me the buyers name and telephone number. All info has been passed onto the police.

172, Tiguan

:eek: to much of a coincidence? I dont think so.

edit, you beat me to it. Good luck with it all. :eek:
[Edited by jon_r on 13 July 2004 at 2:39pm]

well i bidded on those wheels and am glad i lost the auction now, i had an email from the guy selling them and them, which contains the ip. with the ip the police can trace him ;)

""hello mate,u must be the 12th person askin me this question!ha yep i wud end it early mate,u tell me how much ur offering????????"

email = mailto:pm014k9783@blueyonder.co.uk">U color=#0000ffpm014k9783@blueyonder.co.uk/U (very suspiciouse email addy)

Return-Path: <mailto:pm014k9783@blueyonder.co.uk">pm014k9783@blueyonder.co.uk>
Received: from smtp-out1.blueyonder.co.uk ([195.188.213.4])
by mta03-svc.ntlworld.com
(InterMail vM.4.01.03.37 201-229-121-137-20020806) with ESMTP
id <mailto:20040706162009.OQNB28581.mta03-svc.ntlworld.com@smtp-out1.blueyonder.co.uk">20040706162009.OQNB28581.mta03-svc.ntlworld.com@smtp-out1.blueyonder.co.uk>
for <mailto:***@*****.com">***@*****.com>; Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:20:09 +0100
Received: from cluster3 ([172.23.146.49]) by smtp-out1.blueyonder.co.uk with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.5600);
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:21:17 +0100

hope the above info helps. if you need the full email pm me and ill forward it to you.

theres no traceable IP address there, only the Blueyonder mail relay addresses....but Blueyonder would be able to provide the police with details of the email address listed provided they get a court order.

cant you sign up to 192? i think you get a few free search credits then it lets you search by name and area, i did it when i got scammed on ebay.

Max

PS i agree with above, dont think its a coincidence.

Griff, you have PM.

I dont think 192.com allows you to do this does it? I am registered, so I could do it if someone tells me where to go - politely!! :D

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Well if you want anyone to accompany you...... with a big bat ! Im 12 miles away from bradford.

Found him I think, but if someone could go round there for me, that would help - see if he has a Clio on the drive!

(Not a burnt out one unfortunately)

172 Cup

Got an address Clarel but I think its his local exchange rather than him. Hopefully your address is correct.

172 Cup

^^^^^^ Must be involved somehow.

I emailed him saying I wanted some Cup wheels aswell. He said If I waited a few days he would "see what I can find"