ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup strikes again!!!!!! Grrrrrrr

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Yep, went to start it up and...................... nothing!!!!!! :mad: So took the 106 and came bk and my dad said it started first time? Bloody thing, so now that seems to be fine but now, My green shift light stays on all the time! What is it with my car!!!! Never getting a clio again!

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 26 October 2004

Yep, went to start it up and...................... nothing!!!!!! :mad: So took the 106 and came bk and my dad said it started first time? Bloody thing, so now that seems to be fine but now, My green shift light stays on all the time! What is it with my car!!!! Never getting a clio again!

Not evan a V6 :eek:

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Nah brother has had one and thats had its fair number of problems!!!! Tempted to sell it now, cant us the bloody thing with out something going wrong!!!!!!!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Bad luck mate, sounds like youve had more than your fair share of problems with that thing.

Id say dump it at your dealers and kick up a fuss, but no sure how much good that would do you.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I love the car when it works!!!! But the problems just take all of the joy away and makes u wonder y do i bother?

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 26 October 2004
renaults = w**k! thats why im gettin another car! sick of them after 5 years of hassles!

a bit OT, what happened with your brakes dude?

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

My 172 wouldnt start once, tried it three times and it wasnt having any of it. Took the key out, put it back in again and it started first time. Its never done it again since, although it doesnt always start on the first turn of the key.

As for renaults being unreliable I think its just the luck of the draw. Ive had A couple of renaults now and both were/are good reliable cars. I kept the renault 5 until it was 12 years old and it was one of the most reliable cars Ive ever owned.

Da

Less

yeah sounds like an immobiliser prob or something?? maybe try getting

key(s) reprogrammed to sort the problem??

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by ClioDan on 26 October 2004Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 26 October 2004renaults = w**k! thats why im gettin another car! sick of them after 5 years of hassles!
a bit OT, what happened with your brakes dude?

its true mate, went out with 2 mates sunday, all in renaults, all broke in some way or another. my mates 172s gearbox went at 30k.

iv had 3 clios, and my mums got one and they have all had nowt but problems, nothing that major in some cases but still enough to do my head in!

as for the brakes, the rear pad decided it didnt like living in the caliper, meaning i couldnt stop when i first put the pedal down! same happened to my mums reversing out of our garage!

Great cars when they work, but personally im just fed up of crap build quality!

ill soon be on my third clio, and the only problem ive had is a rattleing passenger seat on the 172. Must admit the build quality could be better, but other cars have the same problems even bmw.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by DazDaMan on 26 October 2004

yeah sounds like an immobiliser prob or something?? maybe try getting

key(s) reprogrammed to sort the problem??

Slight problem............... RENAULT HAVE HAD MY OTHER KEY FOR 3 WEEKS NOW!!!!!!!! :mad:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Cars break down all the time, its a fact of life. I have had two clios and have not (touch wood) had any problems with em.

My dad spent 20k on a bmw which went back to the dealer 3 times in the 1st month, my brothers astra (may god have mercy on his soul) went back about 3 times in four months, my vx220 went back a world record 6 times in 4 months for work so im pretty happy with my clio!!!!!!!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Yes mate i understnad what u r saying but 8 problems in 5 weeks is a bit mad isnt it lol

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Yes mate i understnad what u r saying but 8 problems in 5 weeks is a bit mad isnt it lol

Yeah, that is kinda crazy. Sell it and buy a type r, those bad boy hondas never break down!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 26 October 2004

Yeah, that is kinda crazy. Sell it and buy a type r, those bad boy hondas never break down!

I know brother has one...... There is a Red Type R for sale at the honda garage near me, was very tempted today!!!!!!!

Stick with it, Ive had the following faults on my 182 (8 months old now)

First day I got it the wipers were hitting the body work, would not start, needed new tdc switch, alarm going wrong, rewired alarm, exhaust was knocking on bumber, reno adjusted exhaust, went back within a hour, they had unset the join with the cat, so resealed join.

I was not happy with exhaust noise, so had it checked elsewhere, turns out that reno had cracked pipe at joint with middle box, so reno ordered new exhaust, 3 months later new exhaust fitted.

New front discs and pads fitted just before 6000 miles, also not renos fault need a new front grill and bonnet respayed due to accident at work, the car park barrier came down on the car as I was going through it

But now ive had no probs for about 2 months, touch wood, so stick with it, its worth it in the end.

astra break

I had the same with my alfa mate, I had 7 problems in 8 weeks time which costed me over 2000 euros. I sold it as I was sick and tired of having this continuous bill ! SELL IT NO MATTER HOW MUCH U LOVE IT !:(

Vee dub

I love Clios!! :D

Well annoying for you that have had probs though

Little newms - what has gone wrong with ur cup out of interest mate?

Tom

Do you still want me to look at your rear pads? Im actually at home this weekend for a change so can take a look if you want.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Tom:

My problems so far are as follows:

1. Had to call the AA out after 5 miles of collecting the car from the dealer!!!!

2. I havnt had a spare key since i collected it from the dealers they r still sending it out to me :s ( 5 weeks now )

3. The speedo dosnt read the correct speed, I was doing 120 in third the other day???????

4. Boot rattled like a b**ch! Hated driving it, it was so loud

5. Rear caliper isnt working prop i think, the disk stays rusty.....

6. The green shift light stays on constanly on the dash

7. The belt started to slip a week after collecting it

8. Wouldnt start last night after a drive, dosnt start when the engine is warm, so i dont like taking it out in journeys!!

9. Unlocks itself sometimes when left alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can remeber the others for now............

I know they r only small probs but its hard to enjoy the car when it wont start or when it does u cant stand to drive the thing cos of the belts slipping etc!!!

Pete:

Ta very much but im working all this weekend im afraid mate, i got to take it to reno anyways so i might as well ask em whilst im there,If the useless muppets aint got a clue y and do nothing bout it ill pop round sometime if the offer is still open when the time comes

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 27 October 2004

9. Unlocks itself sometimes when left alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine did the same they claimed to have never heard of the problem though I was going mad.

They said they fixed some earthing wire last time it went in and its never done it since then.

Embarrassed to say

Jesus that is alot of faults, dont lose hope they are wonderful cars. All the best cars are unreliable is well.

When did you buy it, perhaps you have grounds for rejection and replacement, since your car has so many faults. You should write your dealer a letter giving them one last chance to fix all the faults and failing this to issue a claim in the county court for a full refund.

http://www.courtservice.gov.uk/mcol/index.htmhttp://www.courtservice.gov.uk/mcol/index.htm

Above is the website address.

Get it back in to the dealers and get a courtesy car and dont give it them back until they have fixed all the faults and if no joy there tell them you will be putting in a complaint to Renault UK HQ they dont like that cause it reflects bad on them , always get names and ask to speak the service manager one on one .

my car cost me peanuts and hasnt had any probos. I think fo such an old platform with such demanding performance specs it copes very well. i havent (yet) had an probos with 172. the newr clios will probably step up in quality and just like the new megane has, after all its based on the nissan micra platform.

other renaults are not as bad. Its been said even by picky journos that the Megane II Build quality is better than the new range of golfs and much better than ford. I can vouch for interior quality as i have been in a full spec Megane RS and everything was chunky and solid very simular to the new Volvos in this regard. quite a complement when you consider that new 20K golf GTI wont be saving 4.5k of the price from within the first month like the megane RS did.. in fact it wont ever lose that much unitl its two years and 20k on the clock.

exellent value.

Vee dub

Sorry to hear bout all those probs mate

Stick with the clio, im sure itll reward u soon! ;)

worrying to hear tho

hope it goes well and sorts out

Tom

[Edited by TomS on 27 October 2004 at 10:36pm]

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Cheers guys, im gonna try a new dealer and put my fath with them..... If all fails then a leter and some serious bitching will be done :cry:

heh, got back in mine after having my hair cut and realised the car wasnt locked, knowing me i dunno if i locked it buti usually do it as of habit.

turned it over to drive it 20metres ti check the tyre pressures today ad it took three starts to get the f**ker to turn over.....