ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup suspension details please?

RS Clio 182
Can someone please give me the exact details of the 182 cup suspension pack i.e. lowered height, stiffness increase, camber change etc as I'm having the same old problem with insurance companies. I thought that it would be better to be safe than sorry but most cant even give me a quote as they say they need to know exactly what the changes are!

Black/Gold 182
I had the same problem with Bell, I just gave them the dealers number and said call them. In the end, I went with direct line who just put "factory fitted modified suspension" or something on the policy

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I have a Technical Data sheet stating ground clearance / Tyre radius under load / radius of rear tyres under load / camber and castor of the 182 cups. Give me your fax number and i will fax it to you. Shouldnt really be classed as a Mod though.

surely a modifcation is a change from the original manufacturers factory spec..?

i never told my insurance company about it..

Focus ST-2
j3ned said:
I have a Technical Data sheet stating ground clearance / Tyre radius under load / radius of rear tyres under load / camber and castor of the 182 cups. Give me your fax number and i will fax it to you. Shouldnt really be classed as a Mod though.

totally agree it shouldn't be classed as a mod, but i think renault could have helped us all out by having, 2 different models of full fat, so you could just tell the insurance company which one you had instead of all this declaring s**t lol.

182 A
182 B

Black/Gold 182
GuyS

I tried this argument with Bell and asked Direct Line also - they said anything that is optional is a mod (even the packs on Mini's are classed as mods). It's up to you, but you know insurance companies, if you have a claim they'll look for any excuse not to pay.

Bell said having anthracite coloured alloys made the car a higher theft risk. I challenged them to provide some evidence to support this. Needless to say they couldn't. They're all con-artists are far as I'm concerned so I declared everything just to make sure my a*se was covered if there was a claim.

tiTTy & SV650
just dont mention it to them, minefield if u do.

Renault say dont mention it, the majority of 182s are cupped anyway

RS Clio 182
I agree it is an absolute con but I am going to declare it to them as I would rather pay an extra £20-50 just to be on the safe side. I need exact details of the suspension changes as all companies are refusing to give me a quote otherwise. It's driving me up the wall! Now I see why people will drive without insurance!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
I can also supply Factory build sheets direct from Renault France ;) dont ask were i get them from - available if you pm me

Black 182 w/ cup packs
Renault do say declare it, I asked on the "panel of experts" on renaultsport.co.uk a couple of months ago (look for yourself) and was told the 182 cup packs should be declared to the insurance companies. I was with Direct line who tried to bump my insurance up from c. £320 to £570. Ended up with privilege (underwritten by direct line) who gave me a £370 quote (increased by £50 on declaring packs).

MINI JCW
GuyS said:
there is no changes.. it came from the factory like that.. thats the way i see it.

Totally agree, Metallic paint is an optional extra but you dont declare that, optional extras are not modifications

RS Clio 182
Anyone got the details? My insurance runs out tomorrow and I can't get insurance anywhere! My original quote is with egg for £800 but elephant are doing £500 without the extras so surely it won't cost me £300 more with the extras. I tried phoning again and they have now put a block on my quote until I can tell them exactly what the differences are.

lower ride height, stiffer springs (20% front, 15% rear), re-rated dampers (+20% front, +10% rear), strengthened front wheel hub carriers and revised steering geometry

Black/Gold 182
gazcaddy said:
Totally agree, Metallic paint is an optional extra but you dont declare that, optional extras are not modifications

exactly what I said to my insurers. They said as far as they're concerned cup packs are mods.