ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup v Non Cup Coilovers

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
I have already had a search through the threads but cant seem to find the answer to this......

I currently have a PH1 172 and have been offered a set of coilovers from a 172 Cup. For most coilover sets when new, sets for 172's are sold as different kits depending on whether they are Cup or non Cup. My question is, what is the difference between the kits?

I know there is a difference in wishbones, and I have a set of Cup wishbones I bought from a breaker a while back and plan on fitting at the same time as I upgrade the rest of the suspension. Will wanting to use the Cup wishbones therefore dictate which kits I should buy?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just the bolt spacing is different on the front shocks. Both kits would be the same other than the hub bolt spacing.

Non cup is 54mm, cup and cup packed is 60mm.

LY FF182
Just the bolt spacing is different on the front shocks. Both kits would be the same other than the hub bolt spacing.

Non cup is 54mm, cup and cup packed is 60mm.

182 cup/cup pack you mean. 172 cup and non cup same spacing aren't they?