ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CUP with Climate Control

Cup 172

Hello people, im new here so please be gentle!:D

Should be ordering my CUP in about a month and I am getting climate and wondered if anyone knows how much weight it will add to the car.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 30 October 2003

Should be ordering my CUP in about a month
Id be quick...

They stop making them very soon, so dont miss out!

I am getting climate and wondered if anyone knows how much weight it will add to the car.
Not entirely sure, but it is pretty heavy, plus it is driven off the engine so does use some of the power.

Wont make a massive difference though...

Renault Laguna Coupe

Another Mike - welcome mate :D Its not the weight that should concern you - its the drag on the engine that the compressor causes. Dont worry about it - youll really appreciate the a/c next summer!

yea it will slow the car down becuase of the A/C belt. ohh well theres that 2hundreths of a second gone, now just add ABS (totally essencial) and side air bags.

phill*

Cup 172

Cheers for the comments guys.

They have said delivery time is approx 3 weeks from order, and it will be a brand new pre-registered 53 plate. But at £11750 on the road, inc tax and home delivery, who cares if you not the first name on the log book.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

They have said delivery time is approx 3 weeks from order, and it will be a brand new pre-registered 53 plate. But at £11750 on the road, inc tax and home delivery, who cares if you not the first name on the log book.
Still more than I paid... ;)

Mines got CC, just over a week old now with 600 on the clock. I thrashed t*ts off it tonight for the first time and boy does it go! I very much doubt the CC reduces power at all, certainly not that youd notice anyway.

Giving it some welly down some coutry lanes I had to hold on to the steering wheel pretty tight, talk about torque steer!:D

My local dealer is swamped with un-regd cups..

When i have climate on in my 1.2 i cant feel the slightest bit of difference, and i should feel it more apparent with just 75bhp.

-Rob

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 31 October 2003

So how much did you guys pay then, and more importantly from where?
Probably all main dealer supplied on "friends & family" at a guess... mine was!

RB 197 + Cup Pack

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 31 October 2003

Quote: Originally posted by MIKE-CUP on 31 October 2003

So how much did you guys pay then, and more importantly from where?
Probably all main dealer supplied on "friends & family" at a guess... mine was!

Yep so was mine

Got a pearl black 172 for 11,999 on the road, took 4 days from order and I paid nothing, company car :D. Whats more free fuel, just as well, cant stop driving it. Had it 2 weeks done 1400 miles so far.... Got it from Ian Shiptons in Burton but they also have them at motorpoint in Derby too. Only in Silver though.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Kaedo on 31 October 2003

Got a pearl black 172 for 11,999 on the road, took 4 days from order and I paid nothing, company car :D. Whats more free fuel, just as well, cant stop driving it. Had it 2 weeks done 1400 miles so far.... Got it from Ian Shiptons in Burton but they also have them at motorpoint in Derby too. Only in Silver though.
Do you live near Burton M8??

How much all you boys pay for your Cups?

When i first phoned up to order mine it was at £10995 the they told me Renault had put the prices up! So im having to pay £11195 This includes 12 months tax and delivery!

Cheers for the comments guys.

Which dealer did you get your cup from? I was made a first offer of £13200 with CC for a cup, but am told that they will match any price i can get from another Renault approved dealer.

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 31 October 2003

CUP with CC. 12k from main dealer. Could have got one for £11.5k pre-regd.
Quote: Originally posted by paulous2k on 31 October 2003

Ditto, £12K with CC from main dealer
So where are these dealers then? I need to get the cup....!!! ;) Cheers

The sub 12k ones are brokers selling pre-reg. I got mine for 12k with CC from a dealer by phoning round and telling the dealers I could get one for £11.6k from a broker and would they compete. One or two just said NO full stop. Another said hed try and would call back when he spoke to his boss but didnt get back to me. The last one said if he could get one for 12K would I buy. So I did. Although I had to put it in my company name so they could put it on some sort of fleet discount.

Just get the list of dealers in your area from the Renault website and start phoning round. At the end of the day they will still make a profit.

Cheers D-Cup, kind of had that idea in mind, im sure they can be played off each other to get down to a reasonable price. I would be dead chuffed if i could secure one for £12k, that would mean i could put my order in right away! Ill have to spend some time this week checking out the other dealers.

Thanks again.

Cool. Tell them what YOU want to pay and that youll give them the order there and then if they do it for that price. You can leave a deposit by credit card. I havent even been in to the dealer yet.

Keep a few URLs handy of the broker sites that do them for the cheap prices and that they are full UK cars and not imports.

Thats a good idea, at least im laying down my cards upfront and whoever wants a sale i will go with them... sounds good. Whats the difference between an import then?

Cup 172

You were right about the delivery time guys. Its gonna be the 3rd week in January 2004 before I get delivery.:(

Mike-Cup did you say before that you were getting a pre-reg 53 plate for delivery in 04 now? Also which dealer are you dealing with? I like you will be putting my order in shortly... cant wait.

Dealers dont do pre-reg cars (unless they have registered a car to meet targets). MIKE is getting from a broker I think.

This is where I got mine.

http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/renaultclioprices.htmhttp://www.broker4cars.co.uk/renaultclioprices.htm

Once I had agreed the price etc. a renault dealer contacted me to finalise everything. They deliver UK wide or you can pick it up from the dealer.

Went very smoothly I have no complaints - also I am the first registered owner.

I never realised the delivery times were so long now - I only waited about 3 to 4 weeks. Worth the wait though!! hmmmnn think Ill go for a quick blast!!

Cup 172

WannabeeCup

Im getting mine from UK Carbroker Ltd with Climate for £11,750. Delivery will be 3rd week in January 2004. Id get your order in as soon as possible if I were you!:)

Cheers Mike-Cup and Sparkles, ill be looking into it, now all i have to sort out is my finance, applied online for a 6%apr loan but turns out they will prob offer it at 11% C***s. But still i have never wanted anything more... well not quite. Like the idea of this 182 although still think the cup will be more desired in the end and especially if i can secure it for a reasonable price then i will be just grinning. Lets hope i can sort something out over the next few weeks. Cheers peops...

Sparkles, absolute quality site, the cheapest i have seen anywhere, so far! Mike-Cup i cant find the carbroker web site, i assume they dont have one, if they do could you post it please. Thanks for your help again, ive sent an e-mail to my local delaer as he was saying he could match any other renault dealers offer. Now its a matter of finding the finance.