ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cuppy Time

Having been a CS member for over five years, I thought it was about time I picked up an RS. My little 1.2 was a pig and I vowed never to own another Clio again - but hopefully that's the end of the problems. Had a Mondeo TDCi in the interim, that I used to tow the XR2, great big comfy barge, towed like a dream, but now I've no need to tow, I've no need for it.

Came across the Cup on eBay, stuck a fairly cheeky bid in, but won! Only got the eBay pics for now, will get some more tomorrow after I've had chance to have a good look at it and give her a wash.

Few little niggly jobs to do, but overall it seems like a pretty good buy. No service history, but has had timing belt kit done in February only 5000 miles ago. Two previous owners, 97k miles. Gave three figures for it with enough petrol to get me home.

$T2eC16FHJIkE9qU3iLVjBQskzPVSi!~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16FHJF0E9nmFQVcVBQskzNnIJw~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16RHJIkE9qU3kWl+BQskzeR2jw~~60_12.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Great for the price mate :) what's with it looking so tall though... I wonder what suspension is on there.

I've wondered this. Think it's had non standard suspension bits replaced which would be a touch annoying, but not the end of the world at the price. Will get under tomorrow and have a look. The exhaust does look fairly comedy but sounds good. I like the standard look, so will prob just take the backbox off.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That looks like standard cup suspension. I've got a standard cup and a coilovered cup at the minute and the standard one looks like its on axel stands when parked next to the coilovered one.

good buy, future plans? exhaust maybe?

No real plans at the moment, won't be on the road until March. Time to get it stripped down and checked out. Probably put a standard/stealth exhaust on, get some track wheels, service done and a few bits and pieces. Nothing wild. Pretty boring really :)

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Suspension looks standard. The arches are closer to the tyres at the back than the front. The front looks high on all of them.

Took her out for a quick spin the other day and got a few crappy phone pics. Feeling much better on the road now with brand new Brembo HC front and rear, Minted 1144 pads, Cooksport springs and new Uniroyal Rainsport2 boots

IMAG0664.jpg

IMAG0666.jpg

IMAG0665.jpg

Still a few cosmetic things to tidy up, stone chips, scuffs, ill-fitting side skirt, alloys are a mess. Other than that, pretty good.

Well didn't really get started with this one. Unfortunately lost my job midweek, so the first thing to go had to be the Clio. It cleaned up pretty well and I'd done a few bits to it. Buyer is going to strip it as a track ****, so, goodbye Mr Cup! :(

17519_975967124124_267746842_n.jpg

971664_975967228914_1246593699_n.jpg

1013788_975967423524_1977103446_n.jpg

935832_975967573224_623771125_n.jpg