ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cups.....becoming rare

LY 200

I hardly ever see cups..............tbh never really have!!!

Loads of standard mk2 172s and 182s though!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Got mine on the drive, and I see another one in the small town where I live within Telford

lack of aids is a poor excuse for them being written off (imo)
i can see the problem though - going from a car with abs to a car without, thing is if you have to rely on abs then you obviously cant brake properly.

I have never had a car with abs & that included my valver.
as for the original question, i see 1 every moring & my mate has one, other than that hardly any at all.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

If you need the aids and gizmos, then that is personal choice. I dont think that its a good excuse for crashing. The cup has pretty good brakes as standard, and if you really stack it, then chances are you were driving WELL above your level of ability IMO. If you drive within your limits, and the road conditions are fine, then there should be no problems...

Clio Cup/GSXR 600

Ive only ever seen 1 other around derby? as well as mine of course? Loads of 172s and 182s? the weather weve had recently tho, i wish i had a full fat just for the air con...

Still love it to bits tho!!!!!

133/225/CLS AMG

I saw one the other day near Epsom downs and one in Croydon on Sunday night but they were the first for some time.

To be honest whenever I see an RS Clio its usually a 182!!! I dont even see that many MK2 172s let alone the MK1 172s.

Anyone actually have an idea of how many of each has been sold??? :D

cock mobile.

Theres plenty around here (Northants).

Most of them drive like miss daisy though! Apart from one girl around the corner who seems to give it some stick!

Quote: Originally posted by Middo on 18 July 2005
see quite a few in stoke (that or alot of 172s with turinis)

I see Homer from time to time, and the guy who parked outside the orange tree.

BUT

apart from that I dont know of any others in the area - I just dont see them.

/y0z

you 172s all look the same in my rear view... I can never tell which one it is ;)

Yoz, you dont see them because everyone near you sold them as they kept on getting pulled over for your driving ;)

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by donnyo on 18 July 2005

If you need the aids and gizmos, then that is personal choice. I dont think that its a good excuse for crashing. The cup has pretty good brakes as standard, and if you really stack it, then chances are you were driving WELL above your level of ability IMO. If you drive within your limits, and the road conditions are fine, then there should be no problems...
Dont really agree with that. Ive got a non cup 172 and the ABS has probably saved me having an accident a couple of times now but not when Ive been driving enthusiastically just when people have pulled out on you or stop and turn at the last minute without indicating.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 19 July 2005

I love that, people think that only ABS stops a car... :confused:
Im not saying that, but its has definatley saved me a couple of times. Sometimes I find it too sensitive and it gets annoying when your trying giving it some. The other day when a bird was driving the wrong way down a one way as i came round the bend and I had to brake hard and swerve at the last minute I was glad I had it though, saved me a lot of hassel.

[Edited by Chad on 19 July 2005 at 1:00pm]

oh and it was a block paved road so not much grip.

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 19 July 2005

Yoz, you dont see them because everyone near you sold them as they kept on getting pulled over for your driving ;)
LOL :p

Im not sure about the lack of ABS myself - Ive wished Ive had it a couple of times when other people have done silly things and left me locked up and smoking, trying to stop... (Though I freely admit that I can improve my driving - IAM training is waiting in the wings once I can get an instructor!)

Ive had cars both with and without ABS and I deffo think non ABS is better. But its horses for corses, I dont like manual racks, but I do like heavy power steering... lol

Remapped derv Golf

ABS is good and I wish Renault had left it in the Cup 172 but if people think they can drive like fools in the wet and ABS will save their arses their tw*ts!

Careful driving saves lifes.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I dont see them often - usually 172s and other 182s. The only one I used to see was Chris n Nics RUG-mobile, but even thats proving elusive these days?! ;)

D.

seen one today after saying that. there was some young nutters who bought them and seemed to smash em. The "aids" would have helped them surely!

In an emergency situation its like a reaction you cant help but stamp on the stoppers.....on a539s in the mildly damp...HELP!!!

Elise/VX220/R26

I think most of them are in scrappers or ditches by now ;) best RS clio for me by a long way. Wish Id got one instead of the full fat 172. Always worth a second look when you see one on the road

theres a blue and a silver cup located near me... apart from that dont really see any but for the meets... 182s however are 10 to the dozen and I see a few MK1 172s kicking about. Cup is by far the best looking of the newer generation of Reno Sports tho... easily.

Getting harder to spot as they are all well run in, and as they were faster than 172/182s from new anyway.....chortle chortle.

CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP CUP

Golf R/Leon FR

theres quite a few cups around the middlesbrough area, see at leats 2 every day as for 182s there everywhere!!!!!

Nimbus Clio 197

i didnt even know they made a silver Cup! is tha right? what are the differences betwee the sliver and blue ones then, if any? i saw a silver 172 badged up as a cup for sale near me, but just thought he had stuck the badges on. it had air con too, which i thought was missing on all cups?

there were a few cups in silver (only a few hundred though) the a/c was an option. iirc it cost around £700.00.
there are about 4 silver cups on here.