ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cups first few probs.

Done 9k now in the Cuppa. Got a few of the normal probs seaping through.

Clunk when on & off the throttle.
Excess vibration through steering wheel when accelorating hard.
Excess Wind noise.
Peeling of glossy trim on inside door handle.
sticky clonk when pulling away after 1/2secs.
Seat/seatbelt vibration/rattle.
So off i went to renault and left her there for the day, however they just called me and said cars ready for collecting, no faults were found. ?? But i listed the faults? Where did they go wrong? hummm.....hears where it starts then!?:cry: Could someone help me out and list what causes the problems in point 1,2,3,5,6 Peeling is just quality issue. Cheers for the help guys, and sorry to repeat boring sh*t.

/rant

Clunk when on & off the throttle. Gearbox mount
Excess vibration through steering wheel when accelorating hard. Driveshaft maybe
Excess Wind noise. Quality(I should stop moaning.)
Peeling of glossy trim on inside door handle. Quality (More moaning, must quit)
sticky clonk when pulling away after 1/2secs. ???
Seat/seatbelt vibration/rattle. ???
Cheers for the fast help..just two more and i can go collect with more ammo to flame them with. Cheers again.

Almost the same noise, but it only happens once, after you pull away, like the brakes were sticking or something else mechnical? Whereas the clunking from on & off throttle happens all the time.

996 Carrera

seat rattle could be broken subframe - i had mine replaced. Put your hand on the passenger seat when going over bumpy corners, you should feel the vibration.

Get Renault to them to tighten up the engine mounts when its in next time - they seem to cause a fair few clonks and bangs.

@dust

Clunk when on & off the throttle. (got my steering rack replaced under warranty now all ok. Also when in 5th and putting back in 4th when you let the clutch go it makes the same noice. Latter is still there, but not irritating
Excess vibration through steering wheel when accelerating hard. Not with mine
Excess Wind noise. not with mine
Peeling of glossy trim on inside door handle. Yip me too !
sticky clonk when pulling away after 1/2secs. same as 1st but gone now, when you drive over a puthole put a hand on your steeringrack and you can feel the clunk, if so same prob. I had
Seat/seatbelt vibration/rattle. Yip always put the seatbelt on the passenger side behind the handle (to push the seat back)
for the rest all is ok

Ahh, nice one...will look into that.

I thought, as the dealer couldnt find the problem, ill take the techi out for a test drive and show him the problems, and teach him a lesson..:devilish: