ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Curbed Alloy

182 - conneries de c
Arghhh! I curbed my alloy on my new 182 the other day!!

Does anyone know of a good way of touching up or repairing it?

Its only two spokes but looks awful and more to the point, I know its there!!!

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

106 GTi
No touch up paint available but.. go to your local paint supplier and get a small pot made up, brush paint it on with a artists paint brush.

Ixell paint colour code is 205-110

Ideally after touching up the damage as above you should then wet sand the painted area after the paint has cured and polish.

Or if you can get some made up in a can you can DIY repair it your self, using this guide

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=30

BMW M3
I curbed my alloy the other week on my 182 and, as you probably do, i hate having niggley scratches on my car. I am not the best at DIY when it comes to paint refurbing so i took it to my nearest (best) body repair shop. They completly refurbed the alloy for £50 and i cant even notice where it had previously been scratched. 1st class service: All in one day and cleaned it inside and out, so i was quite impressed. Not sure where you are, but if you anywhere near Edinburgh i would recommend MRM Coachsworks on Roseburn Street...
jus

BMW M3
^^^ However, i just read that your in the Oxfordshire area so you can forget about the last part of my message.....

182 - conneries de c
Cheers,

after having another look at the scratches I to have decided to take it to a local garage and have them do it for me. One of the scratches is quite deep!

Lets hope it doesn't cost much.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
we now are able to refurb 182 wheels to the same colour 205-110

the colour is 99% perfect
How much do you charge for this? I discovered a 2 inch kerb mark today and I want rid.

I have just kerbed my wheel and i am gutted. Its probably a bit of an over reaction but i cant help it when it comes to ma motor.

P1010010.gif

The pic shows the damage i did.

To all those who have posted in this thread or others that have fooked up and done the same do you think this is fixable?

I have called chips away and they intend to call back within 24 hours. £30 damage what do you think?

Gutted

Wan