ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cursor moving on its own..

BMW E92/Audi S3
It's starting to piss me off now. The cursor just wonders off around the screen where it wants to. It moves really fast around the desktop when my phone goes off. Whats going on? Can anyone shine some light on this.

Oil Burner
Possessed

Frankly your only chance is:

ghostbusters.jpg

On a serious side, loads of the uni mice do it, nasty dell ones, gets v anoying, sometimes slamming them on desk stops it, but these are nasty public mice. I prob wouldnt do that to my own one.

R26
Had that happen to me recently - not the most ideal thing when you are using photoshop!

Easily solved by getting a new mouse though.

Family Bus
^ Just what I was going to ask

If its a laptop, check the settings of your touchpad,

If its a desktop, unplug the mouse, remove mouse software and re attach the mouse.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
If its a laptop and it has the nipple point in middle of keyboard try taking that off.

Lots of Dell laptops do this and you can resolve it by cutting the ribbon cable which runs from touch pad to nipple point.

Cupra
If it is an optical mouse, make sure you have it on a solid coloured mousepad/ table. Our company gave out new mousepads to all employees with a pattern that makes the mouse jump all over the shop. Laser FTW.

Polo + Micra
my logitech wireless mouse stops working when i get a text or the phone rings

so i'd say if it's a wireless move your phone away from mouse/pc

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
If it is an optical mouse, make sure you have it on a solid coloured mousepad/ table. Our company gave out new mousepads to all employees with a pattern that makes the mouse jump all over the shop. Laser FTW.

We had that when we sponsored the Championship, everyone got football mouse mats prompting more calls to IT support than ever before!

BMW E92/Audi S3
I've tried using a different mouse. It doesn't work.
I'm on a PC atm. I don't have a laptop (For some reason)

Cupra
Did you try the different mouse on the same surface? It has to be one solid colour, and not transparent.