ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom Badges...

Looks good Fudgey!!

You really are bored atm arent you! lol

Should have done them the other way round! ;)

yep, being single again sucks... i end up wasting time and money doing s**t like this! lol

I could do another set the other way round... ;)

looks good! take it my little tip worked out well?

not really, no lol. They needed a white base to the writing before the Inferno colour really came through.

Process:

Buy badges off ebay = £20.03
Thorough clean and sand using 1200 grit
Primer, sand, primer, sand
Anthracite base coat, dry for 24 hours
sand
Anthracite base coat, dry for 24 hours
Hand paint matte white writing as a base for the Inferno.
Hand paint Inferno writing, 2 coats.
dry thoroughly
Laquer x 3, leaving 8 hours between coats

Tips:

TAKE YOUR TIME!!
Its all in the preperation, this isnt something that can be started and finished in 1 day... took me 4 days.

You dont need to spend all that time doing them! blimy. Paint goes off quicker than 24hrs.

They look a good job tho, best hope no tea leaf pinches them.

You dont need to spend all that time doing them! blimy. Paint goes off quicker than 24hrs.

They look a good job tho, best hope no tea leaf pinches them.

there's a difference between touch dry and dry. I've found out the hard way in the past.

Im a perfectionist... so I like to do things properly :)

im not doubting they look amazing, id just loathe spending so much time doing them knowing they could be pinched so easily thats all.

Still hate inferno but looks like a very nice job on the badges fella. I've been putting off doing mine for ages but i think it's going to happen at some point as the silver looks w**k and seems to attract dirt. Now need to decide if I'm too lazy to highlight the numbering in blue of if I'll just spray them anthracite.

106 GTi
Still hate inferno but looks like a very nice job on the badges fella. I've been putting off doing mine for ages but i think it's going to happen at some point as the silver looks w**k and seems to attract dirt. Now need to decide if I'm too lazy to highlight the numbering in blue of if I'll just spray them anthracite.

Bloody hell, you tell me earlier you have washed it and now are talking about painting badges, you feeling ok ?

Bloody hell, you tell me earlier you have washed it and now are talking about painting badges, you feeling ok ?

I know mr lazy c*nt turning over a new leaf (well for a bit until winter takes its toll and i give up again)