ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Custom" decat.. couple questions

133, 182, Kangoo 182
A mate of mine said he'll be able to sort me out with a decat pipe onto a backbox I've got laying around. I know I won't get power from it, but I love the sound this box made on my bro's car and want to get it fitted.

He said all I need is an old cat so he can take the flanges off and weld onto a pipe and then it can be fitted.

Can I get hold of these flanges (or do I mean gasket?) without needing to cut up a cat?

How big is the thread on the lambda sensor?

ValverInBits
You don't mean gaskets you mean flanges.

You'll find buying a cat is the cheapest way to get the flanges. Someone like Jetex may have something similar.

I've never seen a 1.2 exhaust setup. Are you sure the lambda is plugged into the cat section. If the lambda your trying to plumb in is downstream of the cat (not sure if the 1.2s run 2 lambdas), I'd leave that out for the trouble it's going to cause. It's mostly a diagnostic lambda anyway.
Upstream of the cat, it's vital and needs to be in there.

You'll probably need new bolts for refitting.
Not sure how big that lambda thread is unfortunately.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I'm having second thoughts on this and might just go for a full SS system. Too much trouble to get it working and then getting it through MOT.

Will just save a bit more and go for a 182 look exhaust or something I think...

Ps. Not been under the car so I don't know about the lambda, but pretty sure there is only one.

There are 2 lambdas on the 1.2 one before and one after the cat. You could always do what f0xy did, handle of a jack put inside the cat and using a mallet smash the linin out the cat. Although this is a bit ghetto and you would need to buy another cat to get it through the MOT.

Edit : Thats twice someones beaten me to it today!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
There are 2 lambdas on the 1.2 one before and one after the cat. You could always do what f0xy did, handle of a jack put inside the cat and using a mallet smash the linin out the cat. Although this is a bit ghetto and you would need to buy another cat to get it through the MOT.

Edit : Thats twice someones beaten me to it today!
As above - looking for a second cat. Friend of a friend is an MOT tester though...

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Do I have to get a cat specifically from my model or would I be able to find one from other models? Are the cats from the sports different? Can I buy the flanges on their own?

:(