ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

custom exhaust help! Powerflow/Longlife.

Right I started a thread about whether Longlife exhausts are any good, got 90% positive reviews, however today someone recommended a powerflow dealer to me in my local city center! went down today.. and well.. I have no idea anymore, im confused as balls, heres my situation:

- Own a 1.4 172 perfect replica.
- want it to be a 182 rep.
- Hence why im going to these places to find a good deal on a 182 rep exhaust.

Heres what both of them say:

Longlife:
- Dudes a kind of a hillbilly looking dude, someone youd find in a local pub in a corner looking like he wants to stab someone type of guy.
- He's the only dude who came up to me, I explained what I want, he knows the deal
- He agreed with my idea of 1 tail pipe coming out and the other bending round to come out the other side (exactly like the ones off K-tec)
- Said no worries, I can choose my back box and tail pipes etc, 400smackers to install the lot.

All good right? Just the price is abit Mahhh to me.

Went to powerflow today:

Powerflow:
- 3 Different guys explaining shiz to me, got the car up on ramps and were looking under it into what we could do.
- All 3 guys were sound, late 20's, know their cars n shiz.. well seemed like it.
- They say they cant bend the exhaust around the spare wheel well
- Im going to have to go to a body shop and get my well cut out, or half of it cut out
- im also going to need to buy a 182 rear bumper (I have a 172 one on) as apparently 182 Bumpers are 2 inches lower than 172s?!
- Also going to need to go to a body shop and get another exhaust mount on the other side.

This has left me like.. wut?
So!
Longlife exhausts are literally a 3 min drive away from powerflow, I stop back there on the way back, talk to the same dude..

Longlife #2:
- I explain pretty much what powerflow said ^
- He said "Bullshit." "Powerflow are s**t"
- Now ive started a exhaust company war, I lold so fair enough haha.
- I double checked everything with him, "can you do the cut outs? Exhaust mount? Bending pipe round well?"
- He replies "yeah. don't worry about it"
- and I leave, driving away still like "WHAT THE F**K?!!"

Someone end my life for me and tell me what is going off, poweflow seem legit and know what theyre on with but I know for a fact you don't need to cut the well out as I can just buy the one off ktec. Only wanting to go to a dealer so I can get some warranty, choose my back boxes, sounds and tips etc.
But longlife hillbilly dudes defo killed someone man seems like theres no problem whatsoever and tells me not to worry about anything?

-_-

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So basically your judging Longlife by the fact the guy looks like a hillbilly not the fact that he says he can do exactly what you want?

Haha not intending to sound like a dick but I am 22 and have a questionable sense of humor!
Just needing advice on this as I personally have no idea as I basically suck at most thing car wise.

Whats thrown me off today is that powerflow have told me the 182 rear bumper hangs slightly lower than 172s in order for the tailpipes to come through?!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You have two choices.
1, leave it the fcuk alone.
2, Spend the £400 with long life.

3, is not an option as there's no way anyone would or should cut into there boot floor to fit an exhaust.

The 182 has a flat boot floor and no spare wheel.

If the guy does the job and its not what you wanted then dont pay him.

May I also justify my description of the Longlife dude..

Powerflow today were all, well welcoming, talking to me all sound and getting feedback from each other etc etc. your standard GoodGuy! place.
Longlife, is this much older, rougher looking dude, short answers, looks at me like "wtf are you"(which I can see why haha but still), yeah short answering, just says "yeah." to pretty much everything im asking or saying and quotes me 400quid and walks off? literally walks off and tells me to book it in.

This is where my judgmental dickish opinion is coming from.
You'd understand me better if you actually met them aha.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
You have two choices.
1, leave it the fcuk alone.
2, Spend the £400 with long life.

3, is not an option as there's no way anyone would or should cut into there boot floor to fit an exhaust.

The 182 has a flat boot floor and no spare wheel.

If the guy does the job and its not what you wanted then dont pay him.

​ohh hai :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
172 bumper and 182 are the same.

Other than the obvious cutouts, lol.

The "ktec style" is the best way to do it if you want the hateful "wheelbarrow" look instead of the awesome stealth or sensible single look of a 172.

Personally I hate the double exhaust on our 182 but the mrs likes it so Ive no chance of chatting her into paying her half for a 172 bumper and painting it RB just to lose something she likes in the first place so I guess Im stuck with it, lol.

Drive down to Prospeed and get it done properly.

Also post in the correct section next time. I've moved your thread.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Just buy a 182? not exactly expensive, and Ktec still make the 172 to 182 back box thing surely that will fit with the need for some bodger to slice your car up ( explain that to insurance as well first what your doing and you are modifying the structure ) More research required. I got thoroughly irritated reading the Op too, such a mess.

Clio 172 phase 1
So pay 400 for a long life one stop discriminating against looks and of it goes wrong then there insured .... And you know it'll be fine as k tec sell one so they'll probably do exactly the same as ktec ..... Or don't spend 400quid on looks because let's face I when a type r come up next to u on a set of lights you're going to look very silly....