ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom inlet manifold

White Evo V
Right, what I want to know is why no renault tuning companies have produced a custom inlet manifold? You get good gains from matched inlets but they still arnt ideal as you can't smooth all the rough cast away right through the inlets.

My mate is a very good engineer and has made alot of amazing custom parts for his R5 inc manifolds, inlets etc.... And they are tried and tested very well as it's running almost 500bhp!

He wants to make me a custom inlet manifold which will replace the upper and lower inlets on the 1*2 engine. Surely this will give some really good gains to a n/a engine as airflow will be dramatically increased to the engine.

Has someone tried this before and got bad results? I can't think of a reason why nobody has done it yet to my knowledge. It sounds like the cheapest way to get good power gains and it won't cost a million pounds to make!

Let me know your thoughts people......... :)

Golf GTD Mk7
Did you not see that Matt (Icarus) tried to do the supercup inlet. There is a project thread somewhere....

Lionel Richie
its in the pipline (not by me), so far power has been good, its the production costs that c**k things up

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
My mate is a very good engineer and has made alot of amazing custom parts for his R5 inc manifolds, inlets etc.... And they are tried and tested very well as it's running almost 500bhp!

Who is this then? 172 turbo? black?

2005 Nissan Navara
Like what?!

Zetec ones are kinda £800

The issue with the f4r in a clio is 1) lack of space in front of the head 2) with ac, lack of space to the lower left of the inlet.

It can be done, but as for making it economically viable as a saleable product, its not easy to make it "cheap".

Ive got my own plan of attack for it...

340i
Like what?!

Zetec ones are kinda £800

The issue with the f4r in a clio is 1) lack of space in front of the head 2) with ac, lack of space to the lower left of the inlet.

It can be done, but as for making it economically viable as a saleable product, its not easy to make it "cheap".

Ive got my own plan of attack for it...

any expansion on that statement? :approve: