ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom made stainless exhaust or "shop brought" k-tec etc? For my 200?

FF Clio 200 Cup
Ha ok maybe I should have specified a budget, was thinking around that 400/500 mark give or take a bit. Would love the Akrapovic but just a bit too pricey for me!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Custom made, something along the lines of Hayward and Scott or Simpson race exhausts.
thr quality will be amazing but it will blow your budget to pieces.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Would be custom for me 99% time, very few off the shelf systems I would buy.

I always take mine up to Meercat exhausts up in Scotland. Probably a bit of a trek for you though.

FF Clio 200 Cup
Thanks for the replies, I can get one from somewhere near me called Infinity Exhausts for about £350 ish or I'm not too far from k-tec to have a selection of what they stock.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
£350 seems pretty cheap.

I had a custom one made for my 197 with a decat but got the dreaded flat spot!

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Custom all the way, why buy off the shelf when you can have a system made to fit perfectly. AAS in Newcastle, potentially one of the best places in the UK imo. Never heard another clio sound like mine, not one person has said anything bad about it either, in fact the opposite, people always comment on how good it sounds.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Btw, decat back system was £600, you get what you pay for. Fred's new system uses the same design as what mine is so imagine its also a great system.

AG 200 cup
Akrapovic or nothing, but it is abit pricey. Don't you really need a remap aswell when getting an exhaust it get rid of the flat spot.

S4 Avant
I actually think that akrapovic system sounds really dull.

4 pots in general sound pretty dull without any rasp to them.

FF Clio 200 Cup
I'm looking for something with a bit of a rasp, the pop an bang here and there ( childish I know but puts a smile on my face)

I'm looking for something with a bit of a rasp, the pop an bang here and there ( childish I know but puts a smile on my face)

Just have the centre silencer removed and straight pipe put in place. Should cost around £40 and you get rasp and pops and bangs.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I actually think that akrapovic system sounds really dull.

4 pots in general sound pretty dull without any rasp to them.

Agreed, the most underwhelming exhaust i've ever heard.

FF Clio 200 Cup
Just have the centre silencer removed and straight pipe put in place. Should cost around £40 and you get rasp and pops and bangs.

Have you done this? Worried about the flat spot, or is it easy enough to drive round it?

Last edited:
Have you done this? Worried about the flat spot, or is it easy enough to drive round it?

Sorry mate not been on for a few days. Yeah I've had it done for around a year now, and the flat spot is a little more noticeable, but I've learnt to drive around it, and to be honest, I never now notice it.

From what I've read, unless you go Akrapovic, the flat spot will still be there, not sure how true that is though.

FF Clio 200 Cup
Sorry mate not been on for a few days. Yeah I've had it done for around a year now, and the flat spot is a little more noticeable, but I've learnt to drive around it, and to be honest, I never now notice it.

From what I've read, unless you go Akrapovic, the flat spot will still be there, not sure how true that is though.

Yeah I've had a look about an seen the same, will give it a go! Thanks for the advice!

Suzuki Jimny
Tempted by the centre silencer removal, do you have any videos Adam? I'm wondering what it'll be like on the motorway etc.

FF Clio 200 Cup
Thanks Adam, look forward to seeing it. Just got to to find somewhere in Wiltshire/ Somerset to do it!

If it was me in the market for a new exhaust, there would be no contest. Simpson Race Exhausts.

Matt is extremely skilled and churns out some damn smart systems. Search Simpson Race Exhausts on Facebook there are loads of photos on his page.

SG boost'd 200
Custom all the way! I've got a custom cat back on mine and I'm yet to hear any other 197/200 like it!
I'm going to try and attempt to get some in car video for noise purpose today....I'll post it up later ;)

FF Clio 200 Cup
If you do fancy get one made, I'm after one too for my 200. Might be worth seeing if we could get a discount?

I'm going up to infinity exhaust today to get the silencer removed, an also see what there exhaust are like. Will ask about discounts if we both get one!