ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom map for RSTuner - Worth it?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi, i'm just wondering if anyone has had Henk make them a custom map for there cars and is so what your opinions are.

I've only got a full Scorpion system with decat and a BMC CDA so im thinking a custom map wont be much better than the ones availiable for free.

Also what info is needed fo Henk to write the map? Just the PA info?

Cheers, Gaz

PH1 172 Sport
Ive had one made a noticible difference. Once you pay for it Henk will contact you and tell you what to do. I went through 4 variations of map before it was spot on. IIRC do a WOT PA in 3rd gear and review what you front o2 voltage is as soon as you go WOT is should be above 800mVolt if its not then the cars running lean and will get a good perfromance increase from a remap.

Recaro'd 182
am i right in saying the higher the mV value the richer the car is running and the lower the mV valve the leaner it is running? or is it the other way round?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Ive had one made a noticible difference. Once you pay for it Henk will contact you and tell you what to do. I went through 4 variations of map before it was spot on. IIRC do a WOT PA in 3rd gear and review what you front o2 voltage is as soon as you go WOT is should be above 800mVolt if its not then the cars running lean and will get a good perfromance increase from a remap.

Cheers mate, pretty much understand what you mean except for the "WOT" part though :eek:

Might give it a try then, just needed to know that someone found it worthwhile - i'll chech the o2 voltage 1st tho

PH1 172 Sport
WOT is wide open throttle - i'm sure you know what that is really!!

If after a data logging session you notive that the front 02 voltage is below 800mV then it might be worth sending an email to Henk to see if he thinks its worth it or not.

Best thing to do is once the engine is warm start data logging in RSTuner making sure that your recording the Front 02 sensor voltage.
Then find a nice straight piece of road and accelerate slowly up to 2000rpm in 3rd gear then just put your foot to the floor (WOT) for the whole length of the gear. When you get home check over the data log and for you run in 3rd gear check that the voltage was not below 800mV for the whole time you were at full throttle.

Hope that makes sense!!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah i figured the WOT bit a bit later. Thanks for that mate, i'll get a run sorted and take alook at the figures. Cheers for your help