ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom show plates on cleaned RB182

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Few months back i made some "custom show plates" which was plain plates, wrapped in white vinyl and the front cut in 3/4 size. I had some Renault Sport stickers made up also. The white vinyl lifted in places so i decided to spray them. I did them again but with rattle cans, but had a reaction to paint. So i did them properly with base colour and lacquer. I decided on doing them UK colours to, as i felt the white on the rear didn't look right.

Cue this week and they was finalised and and the car was cleaned so i got some pics of both.

46725577005_f7a47e3f73_z.jpg

40674614813_cf4da50c50_z.jpg

47641221911_4d179a3002_z.jpg

47641203391_5da14ac8f3_z.jpg

47641202771_b67ddbe06b_z.jpg

40674605203_56d1ea4ebc_z.jpg

47641212391_e9d5251ec5_z.jpg

32698748387_666750bc10_z.jpg

46725573305_6aa81f6f13_z.jpg

46725574615_7131d99909_z.jpg

47588448512_c0d8021ce8_z.jpg

46725573225_a117b9ae29_z.jpg

40674607343_b17bdc32de_z.jpg

46725569235_0aae85c304_z.jpg

47588444532_7d1301a032_z.jpg

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
That looks well smart. Now that mine will be a trailered 99% of the time I think I’ll have to copy you.

2014 Clio 200t edc
That looks really great. Well done. Just a shame we have to drive with front number plates!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That looks amazing ????

Thanks bud.

That looks well smart. Now that mine will be a trailered 99% of the time I think I’ll have to copy you.

Do it mate. I made a load up as we had spare plates at work and it made sense to paint a few in one hit. I've done a few sets of 3/4 fronts and few with full sized fronts.

DSCF9533.JPG

That looks really great. Well done. Just a shame we have to drive with front number plates!

I know!

Lovely as ever

Thanks Ben.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Erm. Hello ? saves me messing about. Where about are you? Can I just buy a set PLEASE? Pm me if you like.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Looks awesome as always. How do you keep the wheels so clean?!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome as always. How do you keep the wheels so clean?!

Thanks Paul.

I wash them quite regularly. Not with anything special mind, but I did use some bilt hamber wheel cleaner the other day and it was great. It's very hard to keep them mint, as by the time I get home, I have brake dust and splatter on them!

They have yellowing and deposits in places but that's to be expected. They are still very white though and are kerb free, even after 20k on them. (At a guess)

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Best to water that BH down a bit Mark and use a spray rather than a squirt so it gets in the corners mate. I have the same thing with Matthews wheels all you can do is apply something like Reload or Elixir bsd so it cleans easier. Love the RB ?

SiMunn

ClioSport Club Member
  n/a
Cars looking sweet as ever!!

The writing on your wheels... are they decals you have stuck on? I want to freshen mine up but don’t want to loose the writing as it’s not a sticker if you get what I mean!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got them on.
Thanks again buddy. View attachment 1420705View attachment 1420706

Thanks for the pics Eddie. Glad your happy with them ?

Cars looking sweet as ever!!

The writing on your wheels... are they decals you have stuck on? I want to freshen mine up but don’t want to loose the writing as it’s not a sticker if you get what I mean!

Thanks Simon.

Mine are decals, yes. Like yours, my speedline was printed on the wheels. But over time and polishing, they fade. I didn't want that look so I got new decals from ebay and removed all my old printed ones for a clean start. Although they was cheap and did ok, they wasnt the best quality. I spoke to speedline direct and got some genuine ones and the difference is night and day. Well worth the extra money spent.

That's the only option you got really, unless you get stickers and have them lacquered over. I will say (touch wood) that mine have been perfect since fitting and haven't faded at all. Also, they havent lifted near the edges, where as the ebay did.

2019-06-05_08-04-19.jpg

And a size comparison of ebay vs genuine.

2019-06-05_08-04-29.jpg

Hope that helps mate.

SiMunn

ClioSport Club Member
  n/a
Thanks for the pics Eddie. Glad your happy with them ?

Thanks Simon.

Mine are decals, yes. Like yours, my speedline was printed on the wheels. But over time and polishing, they fade. I didn't want that look so I got new decals from ebay and removed all my old printed ones for a clean start. Although they was cheap and did ok, they wasnt the best quality. I spoke to speedline direct and got some genuine ones and the difference is night and day. Well worth the extra money spent.

That's the only option you got really, unless you get stickers and have them lacquered over. I will say (touch wood) that mine have been perfect since fitting and haven't faded at all. Also, they havent lifted near the edges, where as the ebay did.

View attachment 1421073

And a size comparison of ebay vs genuine.

View attachment 1421071

Hope that helps mate.

That’s it! I’m getting mine refurbished haha!

I always thought I’d keep them as genuine as possible (untouched) but when I’m wanting the car to be as mint as possible it’ll need doing. I may get them refurbished, stickers put on and lacquered over the top!

Thanks again for your assistance in making me spend more money lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That’s it! I’m getting mine refurbished haha!

I always thought I’d keep them as genuine as possible (untouched) but when I’m wanting the car to be as mint as possible it’ll need doing. I may get them refurbished, stickers put on and lacquered over the top!

Thanks again for your assistance in making me spend more money lol

Dont blame me mate, I'm just jerky putting ideas out there!! There are some 2118s that have the writing engraved but they have high offset so arent as wide as ours.

If you want them proper mint, then I'd go down the lacquer route. If not, then I'd recommend just getting stickers and giving them a good clean prior to fitting. I think I paid £22 posted for 8.

wow! what a gorgeous 182 in RB!! how on earth do you keep it looking so lovely? its stunning

Thanks bud. I'm not sure, I just drive it like any other car. Appreciate the kind words.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
there's always talk about show plates and 3D plates on FB car groups.

a chap the other day was saying he paid £65 for some 3D show plates, which seemed expensive to me.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@andy_con that's mega money. I think I've priced mine well, so that they appeal and are affordable to buyers, competitive against the Renault ones, but also so I make a little profit on them.

I think I just need to get more out there for others to see, which would make it better.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
@andy_con that's mega money. I think I've priced mine well, so that they appeal and are affordable to buyers, competitive against the Renault ones, but also so I make a little profit on them.

I think I just need to get more out there for others to see, which would make it better.

Are you on Instagram? I’ll link you on mine if you have. Quite a few people have like my pictures with your plates on. Pm me if you like buddy.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Are you on Instagram? I’ll link you on mine if you have. Quite a few people have like my pictures with your plates on. Pm me if you like buddy.
I am on insta custom pedals - im not the one doing plates though ;)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

if you have any spare blank plates send me my way and ill knock you up some 3D ones

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Indeed I am. drj_182

Screenshot_20190607-211719_Instagram-01.jpeg

Appreciate that Eddie ?

if you have any spare blank plates send me my way and ill knock you up some 3D ones

Thank you for the offer mate. I'm out of plates now so will sell the final set and then decide what I want to do regarding another batch.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
have you seen the facebook business thread?

worth a look for what your doing, I plan to post in there at the end of the month about a new project

Indeed I am. drj_182

Thank you for the offer mate. I'm out of plates now so will sell the final set and then decide what I want to do regarding another batch.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Will you be making any more of these?

Yes i will if the demand is worth it. People that have bought them are all happy with them so the product speaks for itself there. But it's not cost and time effective for me to just make 1 offs here and there.

I've spoke to the sticker guy and got a quote for a batch and also for the plates. I think I have all the paint and lacquer so I just need to buy it all and dedicate some time to doing another batch in one hit. But I think I will do another batch 👍

Might be worth starting a thread in the Group Buy section and getting an estimate on numbers. I'm sure the slots would fill up in no time.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth starting a thread in the Group Buy section and getting an estimate on numbers. I'm sure the slots would fill up in no time.

Yeah I may do that bud. Could always get a small deposit off people to secure places before I go ahead with the batch. I need to get more pics off others I've sold them to for me promo pics.