ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Custom turbo hard pipes

Clio Extreme 3
evening all hope your all good, does anyone know of a place that could manufacture me some hard pipes?

reason i ask is we might have an 08 TCE Clio coming into work in the next few weeks, which if it does come im gonna snap it up at trade price :)...love it!

The standard turbo setup looks pretty crappy and there doesnt seem to be many mods out there for these models yet, but turbo wise id like to replace the standard turbo pipes with S/S ones and fit the forge splitter, put some 1*2/197 injectors in it, FMIC, and map it to run the turbo boost very slightly higher and adjust the air/fuel also (after a S/S system with sports cat and panel filter is fitted).

Have another question also, anyone know what size FMIC would be suitable for it?

Clio Extreme 3
Ah ok ill give them a try, yeah not heard of many people modding them trouble is the injectors are shite and cant seem to handle much more than std power as they run 100% as stock :dapprove: so hopefully some sport injectors will fit in.

I think if setup correctly the engine could have quite alot of potential

ValverInBits
you sure it's the injectors that limit the engine? I've heard the ECU is a really tricky one to remap.

Clio Extreme 3
you sure it's the injectors that limit the engine? I've heard the ECU is a really tricky one to remap.

Yeah im sure mate, lots of places seem to be able to remap it gaining anything from 15-25bhp but they wont go any further due to the injectors being maxxed out

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i might be very wrong but as for the ecu i have heard that it slowly returns back to the standard map i dont know whether it was true or just somat going around but worth looking up

Clio Extreme 3
i might be very wrong but as for the ecu i have heard that it slowly returns back to the standard map i dont know whether it was true or just somat going around but worth looking up

iv heard this aswell, but about the new honda civics, not sure if its true or not but its scary if it is - computers getting clever!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
ah thats good then atleast its not just me .
from what i know the car runs a kinda live map were its constantly altering the map to suit the conditions , thus giving better economy etc . which is all very good untill you want to remap it as it slowly reverts back to its semi pre set map . i think you would need to get a piggy back ecu to take this car far . which is gonna make it expensive for the sake of a remap , hence probably the reason not many people are doing much for this car atm .