ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cutting holes for handles in carbon door cards?

CLIO PH1 172
so i got some door cards before christmas and they came with no holes cut for the door handles. i cant get hold of the person who sold them and, well, tbh i cant be assed to chase him up any more, so i might have a go my self:S

first question how easy / hard is it to cut carbon fibre? it is about 1mm thick and not very ridged at all

2) is there any were i can get a template to tell me were exactly to cut? or is ther an accurate way of lining it up when its on the door?

hope people can help as i would like to put these on soon!

thanks!!!!!

182, 6r GTi
being only 1m thick you could prob do it with a very sharp stanley/crafts knife. make sure you put tape over were your cutting tho this will help stop slipping and the surface being chipped were you cut. or you could drill a hole and use a verry fine hacksaw blade to folow were you have marked.

steve

CLIO PH1 172
Cheers this is what i was thinking, and idea how to get the hole in the correct place ? Does any body have some sort of template ?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There is no "correct" place mate, there is a bit of adjustment allowed there. Personally, I'd measure it up myself and do it that way. But measure both, don't assume they're both the same.

CLIO PH1 172
I just don't want to f**k it up lol. when I take the door card off and have a proper look it will become more clear(hopfully) I didn't think there would be that much room for adjustment though?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's a cable, so lots of room for up and down adjustment, even a little back and forth. The Renault holes aren't cut overly well anyway, so the flex allows it to fit.

I'd go as far to say you'd find it hard to f**k it up

clio 182
has noone else in your area got these? if you lived up the better end of the uk i would have let you use mine for a template ;)

Clio & Mini
Will you put some pics up please mate, and are the 1mm any good, I am sure they are its just I can't make my mind up to do it or not you got the rear cards as well? I was thinking of wrapping or replacing the dashboard trim to match as well

CLIO PH1 172
21997247.jpg

3310fc73.jpg

i used a drill and hacksaw to cut the hole, pretty simple really. I might do the pas side tomorrow i will get pic of the different stages!