ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting megane spillter to fit bumper

M135i
I need to cut my megane splitter down at the ends so it sits flush with the bumper. Whats the best way to do so ? is it just a straight down cut following on from the lines of the arch ? and is a hacksaw alright to use ?

Thanks

BG182FF
i used a really big sharp knife to get a clean cut, find that hacksaws make them really rugged.

M135i
Will the splitter just screw into the bumper ? i tried very quickly with some 12mm self tapping screws but it just didnt seem to grip into the bumper.

R26
Hacksaw!

Mine fits like a sock on a chickens lip but its just temporary till i can take out an extended loan for a Cup one :)

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I used a Stanley Knife on mine and did this......

1be67437.jpg

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
^ YUK. I used scissors

Wish I had. When my lass was trying to clean the cut, I was pretending it could talk (with it looking like a frown and all when my thumb was straight) and apparrently that wasn't helping.......