ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting out at junctions etc

2002 Clio 172
HELP!!!!!!!

I am at a loss with what to do, had my cambelt,dephaser pulley and TDC sensor changed at garage that has worked on these engines before, checked they have all the correct tools etc. Picked it up and it keeps cutting out occasionaly.

So I took it back and they cleared all faults and said it would run ok. After about a mile it cut out again when i pulled up to stop

So I took it back again they checked the injectors and the timing then told me it was ok. Guess what..................It started cutting out again.

Soooooo back to the garage we went and they told me that I need new injectors because the car is overfuelling.

Went to richard sanders renault they ran checks and said the timing is out. So back it went to the garage where they checked the timing again, said it is fine and that they want to send the Injectors away to test and clean them. They are also saying that the problem may have been there before they worked on the car (it wasn't) and that I will need to pay to correct it.

Im getting dangerously close to falling out of love with this car and the garage dont seem to know what to do with it.

Any Ideas what could be wrong?

Yours in sport

Jonno

2002 Clio 172
Yes it runs fine. Idles a bit rougher than i did tho, makes a sort of pulsing sound and the needle doesnt sit steady on the rev counter. The garage have cleaned the throttle body aswell.

Clio sport 182
It wouldn't supprise me that the Timing is slightly out. I'm a Mechanic my self well I'm nearly at the end of my Apprentiship and when I do timing belts I make sure we have the Timing tools before Booking the Vehicle in. Some Clio engines can be Dificulte to time sometimes. My 1.2 8V is only a small Elastic band timing belt but the Tensionors on them are so awkward to tension it gets annoying sometimes..

Tell them that the timing is out and get someone to verify this maybe another Mechanic from a Diffrent garage. They should correct it for F.O.C

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I'd get yourself to 519Automotive to get a second opinion personally as the garage sound like they wouldn't know their arse from their elbow.

Aside from that, is it storing any fault codes when it cuts out?

2002 Clio 172
I'd get yourself to 519Automotive to get a second opinion personally as the garage sound like they wouldn't know their arse from their elbow.

Aside from that, is it storing any fault codes when it cuts out?

Not storing any fault codes at all