ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting question

LY 200 EDC LUX
hey folks,

So, went to remove some swirl marks today. Full clean and decontamination carried out beforehand. I used a Megs G220 DA with green hex pad in conjunction with megs 105. For some reason, the 105 seemed to stick on the bodywork and was very hard to buff off? Any ideas?

This was carried out in a garage (out of direct sunlight) but was pretty warm in there.

LY 200 EDC LUX
So, the cutting process I use....

Slightly damp pad.
4 blobs on the pad.

Dab the area with the pad first to put a couple of blobs on the area. First of all, on speed number 3, I do three passes across the area (3 sets of complete passes if that makes sense i.e I go over the area 3 times completely), then crank the speed up to number 5 and do a couple more complete passes

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Not enough passes in my opinion. You need to work the polish until it's fully broken down. Sounds like all you've done is spread it around.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
So, the cutting process I use....

Slightly damp pad.
4 blobs on the pad.

Dab the area with the pad first to put a couple of blobs on the area. First of all, on speed number 3, I do three passes across the area (3 sets of complete passes if that makes sense i.e I go over the area 3 times completely), then crank the speed up to number 5 and do a couple more complete passes

You're leaving it at the breaking down stage (when it starts to go translucent)

Knock it up to speed 6 (or the top speed) for some more passes.

This will do the cutting, but will leave your own marks in the paint.

Bring it back down to speed 3 or 4 for a few more passes to buff out these marks