ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting springs

RS6 C7
Just to add to my first post in this thread.

A friend of mine was killed in a rover with cut springs.

He lost control at low speeds and was hit by an oncoming vehicle. I'm certain the springs has something to do with it as it was so bouncy after he cut them. Insurance didn't pay out after the incident either as his mods were not declared. For the sake of buying rated springs for a few extra ££ is it really worth risking your life?
Just pass on to you mate that it's a really daft idea....

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
There's a Rover 25 near me (or whatever shape looks like an MG?!) with NO springs in. Yes, NO springs. No exhaust either just a straight pipe.

Iceberg 172
Just to add to my first post in this thread.

A friend of mine was killed in a rover with cut springs.

He lost control at low speeds and was hit by an oncoming vehicle. I'm certain the springs has something to do with it as it was so bouncy after he cut them. Insurance didn't pay out after the incident either as his mods were not declared. For the sake of buying rated springs for a few extra ££ is it really worth risking your life?
Just pass on to you mate that it's a really daft idea....

Trust me I have! Kids a dick tho

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
He's a bit of an idiot really, don't really know him just see him ragging it about town. Clouds of black smoke everywhere.

Edit: As for the pics, I can't find the guys FB. It's dark green and looks like an MG ZR, that kinda shape. Tatty tailpipe, ridiculous sunstrip and very very very low.

Last edited: