ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cutting subframe tto fit rad, bad idea?

I took my engine out this morning and checked clearence for my new rad, unfortunatly its a bit to wide, now ive seen someone else cut a bit of the subrame to fit a 172 rad, bit i believe this is a tad wider than that,
What are people's opionings on cutting a section off to fit the rad?

DSC00093.webp


DSC000942.webp


DSC00095.webp


DSC00096.webp
 
I'd personally try and do as Jord did and cut it, but weld in new plates to accomodate it.

If you just cut and leave it, it may have an effect on its strength.
 
Sit it in slightly sideways, I ran mine for a year like it and it was fine (Matteh and most others still do)...

Last winter I modified mine...doesnt need to be done but im glad it sits properly with the standard rubbers on now too...

IMG_9269.webp


IMG_9277.webp


IMG_9294.webp


IMG_9299.webp


IMG_9308.webp


IMG_9314.webp


IMG_9318.webp


IMG_9351.webp


Hopefully that will give you a bit of an idea...

I could have taken more out but I wanted to retain the hole on that side of the subframe for my engine mount rubber to sit in, so I just took as much as I could off
 
Yes thats what i was thinking, but now i have found a radiator in valver width but hieght off the one above :)
 
Back
Top