ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV joint - Would it cause a knock when lifting off?

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Hi,

I have a CV gone on my car, The boot is off and the grease is everywhere on the arms and wheel.

I recently changed the dogbone to try and get rid of a suspect 'shunt' when letting off of the gas. The dogbone mount never changed anything and the other mounts are new.

Could the small shunt be caused by the CV joint?

May be a simple answer but my head is fucked thinking about it.

Thanks in advance!

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
i had huge clunking when my driveshaft and cv boots when, might be similar to yours.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Yeah, its like a clunk when pulling away or letting of of the throttle.

Hope your right mate, Thanks for the input.

DCi 100
I get a clunk when letting off with the clutch etc, due to change my driveshaft in the next couple of days.

Pop the wheel off and see if you can get it to knock by just rotating the shaft.

ITB'd MK1
i recon that's your manifold to downpipe gasket worn out. once they're worn, the springs go slack.

saying that, driveshafts can make all kinds of noises. Mine's just started to vibrate on small amounts of left lock, which is fun on the motorway when you come into a gentle left bend.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Check your balljoint's are not worn and still on tight too, it seems to be quite common that people use the wrong sized nut ones and they don't fit so work loose.

S'trollin on size 7s
ive been gettin a 'clunking' noise on full lock setting off and just lifting off straight, just got back from the garage..new driveshaft!