ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cyl 1 misfire and revving up to limiter on start up

Clio 182
Hi,
I've developed a misfire on my engine. When diagnosing I've removed the inlet manifold and swapped the leads around with 2 of the cylinders.
Put everything back together to see if the fault moved on to other cylinder but now as soon as I start it, it revs up to limiter and wont idle.
I've ordered a set of leads and a coil pack but I'm worried about the revving up.
Checked for faults and its only showing a misfire fault and nothing else.
Please give me some ideas as I'm 200miles away from home and need it sorted as soon as possible :(
Many thanks
Mantas

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Air leak on inlet manifold will cause it to rev up.
Did it on mine when I forgot to reconnect the servo hose

dan's cast offs.
trapped lead under the upper inlet giving an airleak, egg seal fallen off from under the upper inlet, vac pipe missing from the servo (unlikely as they don't rev that high) or upper inlet not seated properly. they can feel seated but not be.

Clio 182
trapped lead under the upper inlet giving an airleak, egg seal fallen off from under the upper inlet, vac pipe missing from the servo (unlikely as they don't rev that high) or upper inlet not seated properly. they can feel seated but not be.
This egg seal.. one where a port goes on rocker cover?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PH2 172
[QUOTE="LTEpic, post: 11540933, member: 118, It revs up to limiter and wont idle.
I'm worried about the revving up.
Mantas[/QUOTE]

Not relevant to the original fault, but does it rev to 7k rpm without any throttle pedal input?
What is the fault code that is being displayed.
My thoughts regarding the revving up is that you have disturbed the wiring/plug to the throttle body.

Clio 182
[QUOTE="LTEpic, post: 11540933, member: 118, It revs up to limiter and wont idle.
I'm worried about the revving up.
Mantas

Not relevant to the original fault, but does it rev to 7k rpm without any throttle pedal input?
What is the fault code that is being displayed.
My thoughts regarding the revving up is that you have disturbed the wiring/plug to the throttle body.[/QUOTE]Yea it does rev up to around there. Ive not left it long enough to see where it stops. As soon as you turn it over and it starts it goes up, no throttle input

PH2 172
]Yea it does rev up to around there. Ive not left it long enough to see where it stops. As soon as you turn it over and it starts it goes up, no throttle input

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Just confirming you did not mean the 3K limp mode limit.

Clio 182
]Yea it does rev up to around there. Ive not left it long enough to see where it stops. As soon as you turn it over and it starts it goes up, no throttle input

Just confirming you did not mean the 3K limp mode limit.[/QUOTE]No. I bet if i left it, it would bounce off the limiter

Clio 182
Update:
Replaced the coil pack and leads, old coil pack was cracked.
I went for aftermarket parts as I dont have money for genuine now but will buy genuine and keep them until these blow.
Also fitted the egg seal which cure revving up, no idea where old one went.. probably inside one of the cylinders now :D