ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cyprus Imports.

Fiesta TDCI
I have been reading posts regarding Imports from Cyprus. Some are saying that if the vehicle has come from Cyprus it will only qualify for 2 years, this is different to what Motorpoint are telling me, they are 100% sure it will qualify for the full 3 years. What is so different with Cyprus, after all it is now in the EU?

Thanks.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ I bought a 182 from motorpoint in February of this year . They told me that i only got 2 years warranty and no AA assistance .

I rang Renault customer services and gave them my vin number . They told me that if it was intended for Cyprus or came from Holland you only got 1 years warranty and no AA cover . It turned out mine was a direct import from France so i got full 3 years warranty and 3 years AA cover .

Your best bet is to phone Renault customer services tomorrow , give them your vin number and they will put your car on the Renault UK system and tell you what warranty and AA cover you have .

Tel . 08000 723372

Fiesta TDCI
So where do I stand if Motorpoint have misled me? 3 different people from Motorpoint have said it will qualify for the 3 years Renault warranty...

Fiesta TDCI
Still don't understand what the issue is with Cyprus and Holland, they are both EU countries so aren't Renault breaking EU law by refusing warranty?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one . So does it definitely come from Cyprus then ? When i phoned Renault in February they told me cypriot imports only get 1 year warranty .

Black 172
I also have a 172 from Cyprus, i was refused a warranty from Renault it doesnt matter as much now as my car is three years old this year. But i would like to know if it should have had a warranty. I spoke to Renault UK and they told me it was only covered up to 28 thousand miles???? are they just talking out of there bum holes as from what i have read above we have all been told different things !!. Can i ring and get Renault to put my vin number on there system or is it not as simple as that ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Yeah it definitely sounds like conflicting stories from Renault UK . Makes you wonder whos right and whos wrong .

Yeah you could phone them , get em to put your car on their system with your vin number .

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Renault Manufacturers warranty is 12 months, Renault UK top it up to 3 years.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Its the other way round mate . 2 years manufacturers 1 year dealership giving you 3 years warranty .

S2000
Vicky,

It depends on when you bought your 172, Cyprus have only been part of the EU for a couple of years. No EU, no warranty!

Fiesta TDCI
They were really helpful which surprised me!! She checked the warranty and said it qualified for 3 years or 60,000 miles. Although the car was registered on 02/08/2006, the warranty commenced sometime in June, I assume this was when it was delivered to Cyprus? I though I'd push my luck and ask if it came with the AA cover, unfortunately not (not that bothered as AA cover is dirt cheap anyway)!!

My understanding is providing it is sourced within the EU they have to provide the 3 year warranty. My 172 I owned from new (Jan 2002) was a Dutch import and had 3 years warranty also.

RenaultSport clio 182
You need to be careful on the warranty.

Renault dealer miss sold me Cypriot car. As I found out there is two years manufactures warranty as said earlier in this thread, which motorpoint, or yourself, can extend to 3 years. However, you need to check the milage the warranty covers with customer services, they told me mine was 3 years/25000 (Cyrus is not very large !). Also check your service book, if same as mine, the service interval is 6000, not 12000.

Be careful, hope you don't have same problems.