ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daft idea

RB182cup&golf gti

bored at work (!!) and considering buying a cheap runabout as well as my 182, just something i can drive to work and the shops and not really give a sh*t about where i park it and keep the 182 for best. Been looking on autotrader for axs etc, somert for a few hundred quid.

Just after opinions really, i suppose its a complete waste of money buying a 182 and not using it whilst its depreciating and insuring two cars and two lots of tax...

tbh im tempted to do the same traffic here is getting worse and worse so the car never gets opened up on my journey to and from work so its tempting to put it on a limited milage policy and only use it weekends and evenings when i can enjoy it and buy an old nail with MOT and Tax on it to drive to and from work in or leave places i wouldnt leave the 182.

could be a good idea imo, youd need to do some sums to see if it actually works out cheaper, then decide if the clio would get enough use to justify it.

You can really sound cheap cars for hardly anything to run into the ground then scrap them, it was on "5th gear" or something

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I am needing to do this soon, and am not sure about ins and tax costs, i live in north wales and will need to travel to manchester and back for a bit, and then stay in manchester and travel around, my 172 is a 52 plate with 33K on already. So it makes sense to get another car, a bike isnt really an option as I have never driven one before and havent got the time to learn.

I bought a cheap hack when I had a VX220

Its a pain;

2 lots of insurance

Parking 2 cars at home

Youll hate the car compared to the 182

Reliability

Safety

Having to wash 2 cars

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

i am looking at buying a £20 nova insuring it 3rd party only, scrapping the car, but keep paying the insurance at £10 per month, keep driving onmy mums insurance, let the ncb biuld up on the nova, then get on my own i 4 years time;) ;)

RB182cup&golf gti

some runt out bid me at the last second on a top machine on ebay! AX 1.0 L reg, 70k miles, £320 and 190 to insure, bargain!!! plenty more i spose :cry:

Quote: Originally posted by MOB182 on 10 February 2005
Having to wash 2 cars

youre joking areny you

only wash your pride and joy, the 2nd car is for abusing, shouldnt be cleaned ;)

After the 172 got a dent in the door from some mailto:tw@t">tw@t in Tescos car park

got a T reg 1.4 Fiesta as a "shopping trolley".......... £110 tax per year and

£154.60p fully comp.:D

Dave

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

waste of money you brought the 182 to drive so drive it, its not like it is a limited edition supercar that does not depreciate, and get a bike, i sold mine in july and i miss it i want another great fun and if you get a 600 tax is only £30 a year

renaultsport clio 182

ive done it, use a astra merit deisel (its a shed) for work, just use the clio at weekends so come thursday/friday giddyness kicks in then when i do get in it it feels awesome.:)

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 11 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MOB182 on 10 February 2005

Having to wash 2 cars

youre joking areny you

only wash your pride and joy, the 2nd car is for abusing, shouldnt be cleaned ;)

aint that the truth. possibly a run through a carwash once a year so you can still open the doors but thats it.