ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damaging My Engine

Quote: Originally posted by major b on 21 August 2004

What could you possibly hope to race in a 1.2?

Even a R5 1.4 has to be turbo charged.
Ever thought that 1.2 owners race other 1.2s? Or lets say a 1.4 pug or 1.4 polo, beocz ive eaten them alive. But all comments are welcome ofcourse.

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 21 August 2004

i think 1.4 polos are pretty quick for a 1.4. would pan the equivalent clio.
You aving a laugh? Unless theres a 1.4 16v, because my mate has a 1.4 and he says its only 60bhp from factory and I cain it all day long.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

yeah i just read the specs on parkers, youre right.... the 16v engines are pretty much the same as the clio 1.4 16v but the polos 8v engine is way off the clios 8v engine.

i would be interested to see how a clio 1.4 8v like mine would fair against a 1.2 16v like yours because i think theyre the same power.... id like to think that the 1.4 would have it cos slightly bigger capacity so more torque.

lol @ the battle of the low capacity clios... who needs 172s and valvers!?!?!?!?!

[Edited by entjm on 21 August 2004 at 12:19pm]

the catrol oil advert says somethiung like 90% of engine wear is in the first 10 mins of driving so I normally wait about that before properly reving my engine

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 21 August 2004

i think 1.4 polos are pretty quick for a 1.4. would pan the equivalent clio.
You aving a laugh? Unless theres a 1.4 16v, because my mate has a 1.4 and he says its only 60bhp from factory and I cain it all day long.

There is a 16v 1.4 Polo, 105bhp I think.

yeah i just read the specs on parkers, youre right.... the 16v engines are pretty much the same as the clio 1.4 16v but the polos 8v engine is way off the clios 8v engine.

i would be interested to see how a clio 1.4 8v like mine would fair against a 1.2 16v like yours because i think theyre the same power.... id like to think that the 1.4 would have it cos slightly bigger capacity so more torque.

lol @ the battle of the low capacity clios... who needs 172s and valvers!?!?!?!?!

[Edited by entjm on 21 August 2004 at 12:19pm]
What BHP is it from factory? Maybe around the same?

My point was that low capacity engines were designed as run-around cars not for racing, cars designed for racing are strengthened so ragging a 1.2 seems pointless, better off practicing the handling rather than ragging it.

Street Triple R

yeh i sometimes drive my mums 1.4 16V, dont think id like to do 60 in 2nd though! maybe in the cup lol

Id never bother racing the 1.4 it is sooo sloooow, much more enjoyable to just cruise around in, but if you are gonna race it its best to let it thoroughly warm up as racing it on a cold engine will do untold damage!

Im not a racer, OK, I just like to drive fast sometimes, dont we all?
Anyway enuff of this, im just going to cruise around OK!
Thanks for your comments.