ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damn bodyshop done front end but micro scratches

ph1 172 Black
Really annoyed.

Paid bodyshop as recommended by friend who has had spoilers etc done for him and his mates.

I wanted some wing damage doing, the bonnet stone chips, and bumper that the lacquer had gone bad after being caught on ramps etc and was badly stone chipped. There was scores in the bottom of bumper after being caught on ramps and was badly stone chipped.

Went to collect last week. Bonnet looked great and wing but there was a crack on arch. Pointed it out and he said must of been caught on truck. I said it wanted sorting and he said he'd have to respray it and fill it. I was dissapointed.

Then round fogs lights they hadn't sanded it down enought and back of bumper wasn't very smooth so I moaned about that and they hadn't done the score marks that you can easily feel by reaching underneath.

He said sorry and would sort it. I was told he was a perfectionist but too miss som much he must have eye sight of stevie wonder!

I checked he'd took bumper off and he said he had and I couldn't understand how he didn't see it.

So week and half later go to collect again. All seemed fine untill I noticed that he'd sprayed all of the condenser radiator. I said why is there paint all over it. It was six months old and nice and shiny. He said he'd spray with bumper on to do underneath. I was like you lazy ****. All problems seemed to be recitifyed but I was still annoyed. Bonnet looked smooth and shiny but car was covered in dust. He said he polished the whole car for me. Great...not

Took it back. Snow foamed it. Jet washed and then dryed with drying towel. Bonnet at closer look was hazy with micro swirls. Top of doors same. Edges of roof. Under street light the whole car show scratches that weren't there before and I was gutted. Had car a year and I've gone out of my way to not cause scratches, with it being black.

Now I used to be a valeter and I have a rotary polisher. He said any problems and get back to him but my trust has gone. I've now got to spend days trying to remove overspray and scratches that I've spent a year avoiding to get the car back to the finish that is was before. Now the bonnet, wing and bumper look great minus the stone chips but I've gained days of work from him polishing with a compound that is too harsh or not finishing it right or just by not taking care of dirt/dust while working.

I expected to polish it after but not this kind of work!!!!!!

106 GTi
Nightmare - The art of the rotary is getting a perfect finish with it - the skill in using one is not the removal of heavy defects but creating a swirl free gloss. Hope it does not take to much polishing to get a finish your happy with.

ph1 172 Black
Cheers Rich

I thought I didn't know what I was doing with one but for a body shop to make it worse it just unforgivable. If you have any spare time this weekend I'm happy for you to have a go. I'll pay since I've seen you car and it's perfect!