ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damp and A Bit Of Mold Found

Clio Mk3
Hi, i was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. Basically i havn't drivin my car in a couple of months, as it's just always been easier that my GF's driven and used her car, meaning that my car's just been sitting at the back of her drive. I decided to fill it up yeserday though as i thought it would be a good idea to do this before petrol went up even more, as it was it cost me £52 to fill up. :O But anyway, this morning after a drive i happened to notice that under my metallic mats were was some serious condensation and that beside one of the front seats there was a bit of mold along the carpet in the middle of where both the doors are. I cleared it up easy enough and looks fine now, but just wondered if anybody else has had this problem before and if this should have happened? My car has been under a layer of snow for a week or so if would have made a difference.

Lots of Alfas
Metallic mats?? Its possible condensation has built up on the cold metal and mold has grown on it?

53 Clio's & counting
have a look under the car, where the seats are, and see if you have lost a floor bung, that could let water in

Clio Mk3
Metallic mats?? Its possible condensation has built up on the cold metal and mold has grown on it?
Yeah, they are. They're all made of solid alluminium, as they look good and are easy to clean. :cool: There was some serious condensation under the back ones though, you're right, the mold was found literally next to these. Would this have been the problem then. Regarding to silica gel, how long does each bag last, meaning is there only a certain amount of gel it can absorb before you have to throw them away? I might invest in some of these tbh. I won't want the same thing to happen again. I gave my car a proper good clean today though and there was nothing to show that waters leaking and that there was any more mold or anything anywhere to be found.

Not driven for 8 weeks in this current climate. Freeze. Thaw. Freeze. Thaw. Sun. Freeze. Thaw. Sun.

Not surprising in the slightest.

Clio Mk3
Not driven for 8 weeks in this current climate. Freeze. Thaw. Freeze. Thaw. Sun. Freeze. Thaw. Sun.

Not surprising in the slightest.
Oh right, that does make me feel slightly better about it knowing that most likely that there isnt a problem. Ill definetley think about getting some of that silica gel though.