ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  53 Clio's & counting
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Can't, all my 'spare' cash in now back in the business so I couldn't afford to sell it lol.

Besides, it's the best Ph1 ever :D

53 Clio's & counting

LOL!

Well after a VERY long day which included being up half the night with Cady as she is a bit under the weather, getting 3 hours sleep, getting to work at 7:30, working to 12, dropping my brothers car off for a bit of work, then rushing home to get the S2000 (which I have sold to a French chap, and will be living out it's days in France) who was flying into Bristol Airport at 1:15 - well that went right out the window when Easyjet completely fucked up by postponing the flight then moving it to another plane then holding it back again - he finally flew into Bristol at 5:30!!!

So once Frenchie had gone (Had 3 hours to get from Bristol Airport to the Eurotunnel :S ) I then had to shoot from the Airport over to Trowbridge to collect my new engine from am member on here - Cliodan26 is a spot on chap, had a few mates to help get the engine into my car (My awesome Golf TDi Estate - had 4 engines in the boot of it now lol) and did me a great price and let me have the gearbox, inlets and tb, cup alternator setup etc etc - a proper top bloke :)

Arrived home at 8pm, dropped the into out the boot and in the garage, and now flopped here on the sofa lol.

And to top it off, I'm off for another 2 hour drive in the morning to look at a Meggy 225 for Claire, then Monday I'm off to see fred to collect the Clio.

Will spend the next week stripping the engine down, getting all the bits off it and give it a good clean, see what we got :)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

This is my all time favourite PH1, not seen anything else come close. Was even tempted to restore my trophy back to NA and buy this to drop my new turbo conversion into

53 Clio's & counting

good effort sir...

Cheers Neil, what have you decided with yours? Not seen your thread in a bit

This is my all time favourite PH1, not seen anything else come close. Was even tempted to restore my trophy back to NA and buy this to drop my new turbo conversion into

Agreed Steve, it's such a lovely car, and although it's had some bad luck ( with tdf's recent reviews, having companies who you can trust is getting a bit thin on the ground!) It's been done to a very high standard and I am very much looking forward to getting it home :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers Neil, what have you decided with yours? Not seen your thread in a bit

why you in the market for another? lol....
nothing has happened to the car at all and no decision has been made, we have given notice on the house in gillingham (dorset), got to be out by the end of march, however we are struggling to find a suitable place in MK (with a garage or not). Ideally we need a garage with a house, however i have been offered space in a unit, but the cost of keeping it in the unit won't particularly let me spend money on sorting the car. i have 2 possible options in the next few weeks i think.

1. finding a house with a garage
2. realising trying to find a place with space for the car is too much hassle then stripping the shell completely and scrapping it, then selling the parts off

Evo 5 RS
My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

Thanks Steve, really sad to see it go

On a separate note I received a letter from Renault yesterday regarding the bonnet catch recall lol. Bit far gone for that.

Clio 172

Thanks Steve, really sad to see it go

On a separate note I received a letter from Renault yesterday regarding the bonnet catch recall lol. Bit far gone for that.

So did I, they want £95 if it needs replacing for what Fred said is a £25 part and about 15 mins labour.

Evo 5 RS
My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

With love from Russ

:( bye bye

u3yheru9.jpg

53 Clio's & counting

What a day!

Well after borrowing my mates Defender, then my mate dans trailer he uses to tow his drift car about with, me and danlp6 set off from mine this morning on the treck to see Fred.

After arriving at Freds, having a nosey around in the workshop (Seeing Dynacup relagated outside :( ) and a chat with fred and Zoltan, we rolled the Clio out the workshop and into the sunlight - well, I say sunlight, there was a bit of sun, then this:

Big thanks to fred and Zoltan, who helped me and Dan get the Clio safely on the trailer :)

And a BIG thanks to Danlp6 - as always ;)

20130311_133137_zpsef4983dc.jpg

20130311_142219_zps4ea40d8b.jpg

20130311_142227_zps6363eec9.jpg

Had some Clio up our chuff all the way home (haha etc)

20130311_160314_zps048a2139.jpg

And as you have seen, now tucked up in the garage

20130311_163648_zps1604baf3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

She's in good hands :D Although I didn't realise Fred had moved north of the Arctic circle.

I'll be following this thread with interest.

(And thanks for collecting my bits from Fred as well - owe you one mate).

53 Clio's & counting

Glad to help mate, and on a completely different note, anyone want to buy some itbs? Cheap, cash........ :rasp:

53 Clio's & counting
Re: Grey With Trinkets, Russ' 29th RS Clio

Damn right, this thread details the full history, can't have this one being forgot ;) so shall be carrying it on :D

I have sourched an alternator, sorting a belt today so will be running again by the weekend, will see how it behaves for a few weeks before we swap the engine.

Thats a point, best start stripping the other engine of it's box,matched inlets,aircon delete brackets, tb etc and get all that sold to make some room

Clio 172

Nice job on the thread title change there Russ. Glad you enjoyed the weather up here yesterday we also had the four seasons in Leicester with it going from a cold sunny blue sky'd day to a blizzard in mere minutes.

53 Clio's & counting

lol that was Rob's work, he wasn't far off on the Clio count mind :S

It was a bit odd mate, we pushed the Clio out of Fred's place, out on the road (With Fred doing the hard job of sitting in it :rasp: ) and the heavens just opened! T'was a right blizzard in a matter of about 1 minute

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

29th clio? Thats some good going!!

Always loved this car since joining the forum, well done on being the new owner.

53 Clio's & counting

Cheers mate :)

No reason for this picture, just :D

20130312_180609_zpsab2348b0.jpg

And here is the 'new' engine

20130312_180541_zpse8cc9253.jpg

Need to tidy the garage up so I can start taking all the bits off it

53 Clio's & counting

Small update,

I now have a (used) genuine cup alternator to fit, and a new battery as the current one is flat. So we now have everything to get it running again, planning on doing that sometime before now and the end of the weekend, and we shall start driving it and see how it behaves :)

Also now have a spare 172 cup box - I always wanted to try a cup box and see if the different rayios do make a difference, though I know my current ph1 box isn't too old from it's last rebuild, so still deciding on that one.

Oh, and I have another box (ph1) which is surplus to requirement so will be selling that one.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Think I need to come have a look at this one Russ!

53 Clio's & counting

Fully welcome to mate, I am terribly boring so in alot lol

Actually I have 2 kids so thats the excuse I'm using

53 Clio's & counting

LOL! How can you tell :eek:

Dry all week, the day I want to work on it and it rains. Why? BECAUSE ENGLAND.

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting

Small update - it's now MOT'd :D

Had a spare couple of hours so got the old alternator off and fitted the new one, gates belt and was all good once I had managed to find some bolts to bolt it on with lol.

Had to whip the air filter back plate off, which needs a clean - something to add to the list lol

20130316_110124_zpsa6f581b8.jpg

20130316_110120_zpsc1305e64.jpg

Once that was on, I fitted the new battery, and gave it a go starting (Not sure how long it hasn't been run for, but I think it has been about 6 months from memory) and it fired up, ran smoothly then dropped onto 3 cylinders. Great.

I tidied up quickly, then checked all the plug leads were on ok, and hoped it would clear. I got 2 miles up the road and it wasn't getting any better, so had another quick nosey round the engine bay - long story short one injector had come unplugged, but was still resting on the injector so looked like it was still connected.

Popped it over to work, got it up on the MOT ramp for it's test and had a very good going over it while it was being MOT'd.

The only bad point we could find was one ball joint has a tiny bit of play - nothing bad, and barely worth it, but as I have about 3 Clio's worth of spares I will chuck a better one on lol.

As it hasn't been used in a long time, I took it quite gentle, but I did open it up a little:

does pull well, but to my ears it doesn't quite sound 100%.

What I'm sure isn't helping is the state of the oil :( Unfortunatley by the smell of it, fuel is getting into the oil, which I am guessing could be rings - I will give it an oil change and run it for the next week and see how it behaves but I'm 99% sure my spare engine will be going in it.

Sounds f**king awesome mind :race:

Last edited by a moderator:
  53 Clio's & counting

LOL!

All you need to do is floor it around 3500-4000 rpm for a second or so, back off, then BOOM.

Tis the way I roll, I live my life 1/4 mile at a time iirc

53 Clio's & counting

So true ;)

Got it back out the garage for a couple of hours, not to work on it, but to tidy the garage and start taking bits off my other engine.

My garage at the moment is an utter tip, but after an hour it looked like this (And yes, this was an improvement)

20130317_155831_zpse68a2e52.jpg

20130317_155824_zps30763aef.jpg

20130317_155818_zps0d1f2f8a.jpg

I spent a long time sorting the crap out on my work bench, which now has various Clio bits on it

20130317_1558090_zps33fbc319.jpg

20130317_155805_zps74974b37.jpg

20130317_155758_zps497d7338.jpg

And ended up like this

20130317_162815_zpsf4d27dfe.jpg

20130317_162821_zpscbbd85a9.jpg

20130317_163142_zpsfd36dc7f.jpg

Lastly, the white board needs updating with latest project.....

20130317_163154_zps1d008c6f.jpg

I got the inlets, exhaust and gearbox off my other engine, which are for sale, so check out my F/S thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.