ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Das-6 with?

So, never bothered with a DA on my Clio as I had titanium and didn't see it being required.

Anyway, got a Red Golf R now, so wondering what polishes + waxes would go nicely with it? Hoping I can buy today for tomorrow deliv so any recommendations welcome in that respect too!

I have the usual stuff such as IronX, Tripple etc, but only ever used the AG HD wax as it was OK for what I needed :)

Cheers!

Clio 172
I asked this quite recently. The advice lead me to getting some Chemical Guys Hex Pads, more specifically I got the White, Green and Black pads so I had various levels of cutting and finishing on hand. I ended up pairing it with Maguires #105 and #205 compound polish's. I started off using the #105 on the green pad at a low RPM on the whole car and worked up to the white pad; again with #105 applying more speed and pressure on the deeper and worse marks and scratches. I then used the green pad (after cleaning it) with the #205 to apply a nice finish to the whole car before using the black pad to buff on a coat of wax.

The finish from the polish was good and the swirls were much less noticeable. I wouldnt bother with the black pad though for applying wax/sealant, I got a better result from hand application.

Hope this helps.
Jack

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I totally agree regarding pads but I prefer Menzerna polishes. Much more user friendly imo.

Watch Junkman's videos.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sadly not but great support from them and what is supposed to be a simple system like 3M pioneered.

I used a DAS-6 with Chemical Guys Hex Pads and Menzerna polish on my old Golf R32 can't fault this combination.

I also have a selection of 3M Polishes that seem good too.

VW Paint tends to be hard as nails though, so if you have many imperfections you'll want something quiet aggressive to actually do anything initially, then work up to the finer pads/compounds.

and just because here is a pic of said car freshly polished with a coat of poorboys black hole and I can't remember which wax...
th_282742_3795557520709_574508841_n.gif

Last edited:
Looks tidy :)

After I seemingly failed to remove the CQuartz buffing properly, I think I'm going to venture down this route again, as it will take way too long to polish by hand to remove it (as I've found out) to then re-apply it.

I always hear good things of Menzerna. What polishes/pads would you recommend for it @gally? Sounds like some Menzerna with Chemical Guys Hex Pads?

I don't mind getting a selection for everything (so I can do my dads car then too), but for mine at least there's not really any correction needed (no swirls as far as I can see), just a case of getting this CQuartz off to be honest (new car so paint is pretty good imo).

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The autofinesse pads and compounds are actually a pretty good combo when I used them by DA. They cut and finished down pretty well

they work as well as menzerna / Hexlogic combo IMO but with far less options making it much simpler to choose so for that reason alone I'd choose the AF kit

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Have a read of the machine polishing stickies at the top of this sections and have a look at my 172 write up, I did the whole car (bar a few sanding marks and headlights) with auto finesse revitalise #2 combo.

I find they work very well, only needing to switch to something a bit more coarse when tackling a harder or more severely marred paint.