ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DAS6 Pro or Rotary

A well built VW
Been a long time user of a Porter Cable DA and decided i need a new machine in my arsenal as the result just where not good enough any longer

Been looking at both of CYC products

DA Pro - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis.../das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/prod_673.html

And Rotary - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...polisher/sim180-rotary-polisher/prod_523.html

Anyone got experiences of them - Worried the DAS Pro wont quite cut it (no pun intended lol) and i'd regret it if i chose it over the rotary. I know the rotary will require a change to my style but that's not a problem

Going to get some Hexlogic pads to these seem to be the pad of choice at the moment

Bumder With A Buffer
If you go rotary try and get a light one. I have a silverline and its a bit heavy. Can't comment on the CYC rotary as never felt how heavy it is.

I prefer the rotary over the das-6 hated how it felt to use.

A well built VW
das 6 i imagine is similar to use as the pc , new motor will prevent the bogging down which used to annoy me but i did used to get along with it.

Silverline rotary i had prior lasted only a few weeks so i'll e staying away from that one, advantage of rotary is speed and correcting ability but i dunno how much i would notice it compared to the das pro.

Phone call to Tim might be needed i think lol

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
If you want a nice comfy light rotary go for the chicago .... awesome machine :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you want a nice comfy light rotary go for the chicago .... awesome machine :)
Bit strange to recommend such a high end product to a reletive newb?

Buy the CYC rotary mate, much much better than that massive Sim 180.

Read the reviews on DW.

172 Cup
I learnt what i was doing with a DA first, this took me about a year to get properly used to and be able to use it to the best of my ablilty, it was only when i very confident with this that i moved onto buying my rotary. IF you are careful and take your time, you could go straight onto a rotary if you have the means to practise on something though

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'm currently using the CYC rotary, for the price I can't really recommend anything else. You can't expect it to be like the 3M but it's very good.

Only complaints are:
on/off switch position
Heat from use

I would definately go for the rotary over a DAS if you are confident enough.

A well built VW
Bit strange to recommend such a high end product to a reletive newb?

Buy the CYC rotary mate, much much better than that massive Sim 180.

Read the reviews on DW.

Oi less of the newbie worked it out i have been using the DA for just under 5 years :-o (well according to my order history on cyc)

Gally - just ordered the CYC Rotary after reading some reviews seems like a good machine fingers crossed it's as reliable as the DA was