ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dash conversion

Megane R26
It can be done, but you would need both lower and upper dash parts. Would be a mini nightmare but can be done.

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
you could but imo you'd have to change all teh carpets, get doorcards retrimmed etc as well due to it being black not blue and therefore not matching anything in the car

Lots of Alfas
Fitting it is probably the easiest part, its wiring it up thats going to be a b**ch. The only one that I can remember is MATTBLACK TT that was originally a mk2ph1 that had a ph2 dash but that had a matching ph2 engine and loom.

106 GTi
Be intresting to know how you get on if you do it.

I was all set to buy a cheap phase 1 and face lift it exterior wise when I repainted it, then I saw the dash and have decided to just get a phase 2 base car now.

al

ST on the way...
Something that would be worthwhile doing IMO, could add the much needed Climate Control to it!! :D

It can be done you need the whole dashboard unit and all the wiring plus you need to rewire it all to work.

To much effort realy.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
so i guess theh williams would fit with a bodging if that is the case, although im a bit sceptical

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There were pictures on here of a white 16v with a 172 engine and dash.

Regarding the new style dash, i really cant see it being difficult to do.
(the only functionally different thing is the air recirc setup)

Sure its a pain but i cant imagine it being that much of a nightmare, because renault would have kept costs down and used the same fixing points and basic dash loom setup to save costs. if you compare the two dash setups everything is basically in the same place.

(with the exception of the lock switch/hazard's/rear window heater)

None
Its been done before as mentioned above. I bet wiring is a b**ch to do tho. Also apparently the interior sits higher up than a standard mk1 interior/dash etc

Clio 197
its a waste of money if you class modding your car at all a waste

I wasn't having you a go but it would be tricky to do it. You will need alot of wires to do it & some maybe diff is - airbag, speedo, clock and relay box. Oh need ph2 door cards to fix right & match them

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
its a waste of money if you class modding your car at all a waste

I wasn't having you a go but it would be tricky to do it. You will need alot of wires to do it & some maybe diff is - airbag, speedo, clock and relay box. Oh need ph2 door cards to fix right & match them

dont worry about the door cards,, she is very handy with a needle....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
but phase 2's have Canbus wiring (different to phase 1) i'd imagine this alone will make it a ball ache

megane
think of all the old golfs u c with TT dashes they look the shizzle dont they??
i say go for it, its a mod which will make ppl look twice

so i guess theh williams would fit with a bodging if that is the case, although im a bit sceptical
Yep same as a Valver dash wose.
Regarding the new style dash, i really cant see it being difficult to do.
(the only functionally different thing is the air recirc setup)
Its a pain stupid wiring is completly differet with the UCH etc you need to built a new loom or modify the stock phase 2 r phase 1 one then you got to sort the clocks.
but phase 2's have Canbus wiring (different to phase 1) i'd imagine this alone will make it a ball ache
Yep you need to either bypass it all with relays etc (possible or as i said modified phase 1 loom to fit)

DUB mk2 golf gti!
dnt see the point to be honest! renault interiors are nightmares anyway,let alone swaping them around!:S good luck u need it.