ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Display

Seat Leon FR

i have a Clio Authentique, which doesnt have a dash display. does anyone know if i could fit a dash display to it? is it as simple as changing the facia and plugging the remote on the steering wheel into it? or would i need a new remote controller as well?

any help much apreciated!!

Quote: Originally posted by Chris24747 on 08 May 2004

i have a Clio Authentique, which doesnt have a dash display. does anyone know if i could fit a dash display to it? is it as simple as changing the facia and plugging the remote on the steering wheel into it? or would i need a new remote controller as well?
I think you need a whole new top of the dash bit there is no seperate part for the screen hole bit.

But Ive gone a blank on what the dash looks like so I cannot be sure

PS a new top dash bit from Renault is £350.

If you have the display (82 00 028 364 RADIO DISPLAY £19.66 ex vat) then all you need is 82 00 091 902 LOOM RADIO £2.99 ex vat to connect the remote controler to the display. (the wire goes from the display to the controller may be difficult to wire up though)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you need:-

1,dash top

2,display

3,sattalite looms

4,poss a different head unit as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris24747 on 09 May 2004

can i not just buy the bit i have circled above? it looks like it comes out. i have already got a non factory standard head unit with an adaptor. are you sure i would need a new dash?
*** thats not my car btw, i just stole the pic from somewhere***
Arr that picture makes of it now.

Nope you cannot buy just that bit its all one piece from the factory the top of the dash. See the picture below.

PAart code for the top pash is

82 00 068 984 DASHBOARD COVER £361.68 ex vat BTW

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084126076__err.jpg

Seat Leon FR

does the bit i have circled actually come off then? i have tried having a quick pull at it bit mite have more luck using a screwdriver.

if i could get the bit from the scrappy it would wire up easy enough wouldnt it? not payin 350 quid for it, could have the car smoothed and colour coded for that!!!
what have you got that picture off? is it one of those cds that are on ebay for a tenner with all the renault manuals on?
[Edited by Chris24747 on 09 May 2004 at 7:17pm]

Mondeo STTDCI

No the bit you have circled is part of the mould of the dash top. Look at the diagram above. Dash top costs £170.

so is the dash top the same as dashboard cover?

Is it £361.68 ex vat BTW or £170

Im putting a screen in there and was wondering about the price if i need to replace it