ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash light on what does it mean!

On my phase 1 16v 1993, a dash light has come on it is the third one down on the right hand side, the light is orangey in colour and looks like a car skiding with two sort of brackets either side.

Any ideas?

Cheers Marcus

Hello mate,

Sounds like the break pad wear indicator. Probably just needs some new pads. Easy job to do yourself. Should be cheap(ish) at the dealer too.

Herts 172

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

yep it deffo sounds like the break pads, get them checked. dont leave it too long cause otherwise you will be forking out for a new set of disks too.

Trophy

The third one down is the ABS light, the top one is the brake pad wear light.

You probably have a knackered sensor, take it to a Reno garage and they can do a diagnostic check for you, or you can check to see if its working yourself my locking up and seeing if the ABS works.

Mat.

Cheers thing is it has only come on since I have stripped out my interior, I.E door cards rear seats etc, also had the panel of below the front window to sort out the heater, but I also checked every fuse yesterday by taking them out one by one, could this have caused it?

Cheers Marcus

Abarth Grande Punto

i had that light come on the other day and about 2 minutes later my car exploded so I can only assume it is the self destruct warning light!!!! :p