ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dash lights stay on after accident

clio 1.4 sport
ok a couple months ago my 2000 1.4s clio was involved in an accident where it was hit from the offside right between both wheels (the damage was cosmetic) the car drove afterwards- someone bought the car and has had the bodywork fixed- although they have asked me if i can find out why the dash lights including handbrake, oil and stop light wont go out? any help guys or info would be appreciated chris

th image shows where the car was hit
cliobadside.gif

Theres a wiring loom arounwhere the crash is might be damaged need to fixed or else get it on a computer see what exacpt is worn sensor wise.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i had some one do that to my cup, there is definately a loose connection somewhere cos them lights come on mine when i do long left hand turns. so we have the same sort of problem. luckily mine isn't on all the time, just on this 1 bend i go around occasionally.

alexbleubolt said:
i had some one do that to my cup, there is definately a loose connection somewhere cos them lights come on mine when i do long left hand turns. so we have the same sort of problem. luckily mine isn't on all the time, just on this 1 bend i go around occasionally.
Check your brake fluid level this causes the brake light to come on.

Pads are most likly going to need chnaging as well.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
after looking around under the seats, their is some sensors screwed on to the inside, side seals of the car, look under the seat at the door sill, and you will see, i don't know if these break or something after side impacts, cos i changed my seats before my side impact i never had my seats wired up, so allways had the serv and airbag light, not i have wired some renault seats back in, the lights haven't gone out, and i would have expeted them to go out. So i have decided to take mine back to the place that repaired it and tell them they haven't repaired it properly, and make the insurance company pay, i am luckily still within the 1 year from repair period, so i will fight hard to get this fixed by the insurance company.

Those sensors are the side impact sensors.

Once the light comes on for airbags you need the faulted cleared with a computer to make it go out and the pretentioners need plugging back in.

You won't have much luck with the insurance place as you've set the light off once the circuits cut the light stays on until someone resets the computer fault.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
So that will be £50 to the stealers then ? i phonned insurance co, they said they will file a complaint with the repairers, and the repairers will call me as the repairs should have a 3year warranty. at least i know that its not my wiring to fault. they didn't say nothing about my seats not being wired up / different or the warning light after they repaired it. so i am going to do my best to get a free fix :) haha

So that will be £50 to the stealers then ? i phonned insurance co, they said they will file a complaint with the repairers, and the repairers will call me as the repairs should have a 3year warranty. at least i know that its not my wiring to fault. they didn't say nothing about my seats not being wired up / different or the warning light after they repaired it. so i am going to do my best to get a free fix :) haha

I tried to read your last post as best i could but I couldn't 100% understand what happened but if you plugeed other setas in and didn't wire them up then crashed then put the old seats back in and the light didn't go off then its your problem not the insurance IMO.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
basically i had someone drive into side of my car like pic above, i dint' have my cup seats in, i had full fat seats, not wired up, so had the serv and airbag light before the crash, car was repaired, (2yrs ago), they made no comments at time of reapir abotu the seats or warning lights, i have now put recaros in, wired them up, serv and airbag lights still on, so i presume this warning is to do with the previous crash ? or an even earlier crash when someone drove into the back of me !

The garage who fixed it woulnd't have mentioned it as obviously the light were on because it wasn't wired up nothing to do with the crash.

The lights on since its registered a fault hopefully the crahes the cars been in havn't meesed up the system and a cleareing of the faults and a rewireing of the pretntiners/airbags as appropriate and the light will go off.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
excellent,, so i will goto renault and get them to clear the fault code. would they be able to say what the fault code is / relates to, and stick it on the bill, or do a print out or something, so if it was due to my side impact or rear impact i can send the bill to the insurance company...

also, they won't mess up my superchip will they ?

Nope.

You need the new seats wired up or the second you restart the car after the faults found it will come back on again assuming the lights only indicating the seats arn't connected previously.

The dealership can tell you want the fault is any garage with a correct computer can check the fault though and clear it.

I wouldn't think you've a chnace with insurance you should have complained earlier if I were the insurer I'd refuse to pay.

clio 1.4 sport
ok guys my original post seems to have been hijacked - but im still quite lost as to what i need to do to have the problem fixed? please can anyone help or advise why the handbrake, oil and caution light are still on? many thanks

dials.gif

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Offside? Do you live somewhere different to the rest of us as the damage in that photo is to the nearside.

ok guys my original post seems to have been hijacked - but im still quite lost as to what i need to do to have the problem fixed? please can anyone help or advise why the handbrake, oil and caution light are still on? many thanks

dials.gif

Go to Renault or other garage with computer and ask them to tell you the faul codes you have and work from there.