ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash lights

How do i get to the bulbs, just my service and airbag light are on, all pre tensionars are good and renault cant seem to find a fault, im just gonna take the bulbs out now as it pisses me off always looking at the fooking lights,

Polo + Micra
there not normal lamps but SMT led's and not easy to remove as they are f**king well tiny

Last edited:
Dave3141 said:
Go to a different renault mate, there is something that can be done via the renault clip computer.

every time i go they charge though as i dont have a warrenty anymore,

i tried taking out the fuses but no joy :dapprove:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
There's three screws along the top of the dash.

One at either side, where the door closes against.

Pull off the top of the steering wheel housing - two more there.

Carefully prise off the dashboard colour coded strips on each side. 3 screws on passenger side, 2 on drivers.

Last thing - pull off the plastic A pillar things (where the alarm ultrasonics sit) that go down each side of the windscreen. Unclip the top first then they should pull up and out.

Then the dashboard should pull out.

Display swings upwards.

OR

Use a bit of black tape to cover them as I did with the abs light on my VTS. At least that way you can tell if it's goes out at some point. Personally I'd do that and concentrate on fixing the fault.

Da

Less
probably the under seat connections, check those before ripping your dash apart!

Daz_2427 said:
probably the under seat connections, check those before ripping your dash apart!

i have, the dont seem loose, should i unplug them and then re plug them together?

will the air bag go off?

M2 Competition
Go to one of the tuning companies, they can plug their laptop in and turn these lights off using a little plug located under the ashtray called the renault clip.

Mind you, these lights are probably showing for a reason mate, maybe they'll be able to tell you why... ?

Da

Less
no the airbag wont go off. Try unplugging then plugging them back in. It's common on these ere Clio's.

Just for info, whilst the lights are lit, neither your pretensioners or airbags are operational.

Peperami said:
Go to one of the tuning companies, they can plug their laptop in and turn these lights off using a little plug located under the ashtray called the renault clip.

Mind you, these lights are probably showing for a reason mate, maybe they'll be able to tell you why... ?

yea i guess, can i just un plug the thing myself, i think i know what did it,

i went to halfords to get them to fit ne rear quater speakers and they cut 4 wires, 2 on each side, on set were white and black and the other set were green and brown, have that cut a rear airbag wire?