ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dash mounted volt meter install...

Focus RS Mk1
Hi all, back when the install was in the clio i had a stinger volt meter in the boot. I kept this with the intention of mounting it up front somewhere. Finally got round to it.

Im sure ive seen someone else do a similar thing and in all honesty that was my inspiration so thanks to whoever that was! I decided to try and mount it perfectly flush with this panel shown so i had to cut it up and a bit and make it fit nicely...plus i wanted it on a switch as its quite bright. Anyway here's the final outcome, sorry for the crap phone pics:

Image003.jpg

The rear:

Image004.jpg

fitted and working:

Image005.jpg

Image006-1.jpg

night time shot:

Image007-1.jpg

Rarely use it to be honest but now the itb's are fitted and the wiring has changed from standard its nice to know a little more information about whats going on :)

hope you all like it...if your wondering about the odd shape of the blue panel then there is an explanation, the guy who i did it with cut it wrong! lol

Focus RS Mk1
it is a little bright but its positioned out of sight (steering wheels blocks it from direct view) its on a switch too so 99% of the time its off but i can switch it on for a quick glance :)

Focus RS Mk1
caraudiodirect sell them for £30 ish. had to chop it up a little so it would fit into the panel. can get it in red too i think. wouldnt want it on all the time though, well worth hooking up a switch.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Cool! I'm going to get one too.
Wire it into the mrs and see how much voltage she's pumping out when I piss her off.

Bumder With A Buffer
Thats cool, may get me one of those

^^^ i been looking at your thread recently dude very nice :)

I may well be able to knock a smaller one up at work without the stinger logo on, (thats the only thing that puts me off!) found the 7 segment led part i need and thats only a couple of quid. Got plenty of driver ic's and stuff lying around at work to drive it. Just a thought/offer??

link to the caraudiodirect ones in case anyone wants a look

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/accessories-electrical-gauges-c-73_63.html

172 Race Car
^^^ i been looking at your thread recently dude very nice :)

I may well be able to knock a smaller one up at work without the stinger logo on, (thats the only thing that puts me off!) found the 7 segment led part i need and thats only a couple of quid. Got plenty of driver ic's and stuff lying around at work to drive it. Just a thought/offer??

link to the caraudiodirect ones in case anyone wants a look

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/accessories-electrical-gauges-c-73_63.html
I aint paying that for one tho

Burp i've got a brax voltmete lying around from my install.

Chipped corner. Can have it if you want, for a little cost?

IMG_0188.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
exactly my point.

to give you an idea..

http://www.lc-led.com/Catalog/department/36/category/49/1

Various sizes and they range in prices but you get the idea. Im more than capable (and maybe you are too??) of knocking one up just need to find the time at work. In theory you could make it customized to your taste i.e size of led's and colour (depending on if they do that particular colour in that size)

Il have a play on Monday and order some bits in to have a play with.