ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash painting

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Has anyone found a spray paint that matches closely the metallic colour under the sticky dash parts?
I've stripped the sticky crap off a while ago but I'm not happy with the finish so I'd like to key it, spray than coat in a satin lacquer.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Having read most of your project I cant believe you've not already done this😁
Something I want to do and have been thinking about for a long time. The problem is finding the right product & colour. I did consider hydro dipping but I can’t find anyone that I think can get it right.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Something I want to do and have been thinking about for a long time. The problem is finding the right product & colour. I did consider hydro dipping but I can’t find anyone that I think can get it right.
Theres bound to be an off the shelf spray paint that's near enough or a good colour. Satin black just looks wrong

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Following. My dash has been painted anthracite. I’m not happy with the finish, so want everything as close to OE as possible, but without the sticky stuffs. So I’m trying to find replacements currently. But a decent colour match would be a great option I could repaint the lot properly that way.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I stripped mine and picked up an IG post from another Clio owner where he’d used some Gtechniq C4 on the centre binnacle. I didn’t have any so tried Gyeon Trim instead and really pleased; slightly darkens the trim and leaves a satin sheen. Helluva lot easier than either masking everywhere or taking the dash out!
3FB8A17B-1E62-4280-9654-D08BFDB8E5B2.jpeg
575C5E61-58FF-49A2-BD60-30DA664DE912.jpeg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I would have done this but I've stuffed it up in a couple of places where the sticky layer was really stubborn

2003 Clio 172
I just soaked everything that was sticky and pish in dettol overnight, scraped all the sticky muck off with an old bank card and then used a little rotary buff and autoglym to finish it all off. Looks better than new tbh

I removed the fronts off the button panel, a/c and radio to do them and also pulled the dash to get the top part out and do that too.

Best thing ever done to the car

Clio 172
Does anyone know how to get the face of the radio? I have loosened the torx screws on either side, but it doesn't come loose and I can't find any other fixation points

2003 Clio 172
2 torx on each side and then it kind of pulls up from the bottom, there are little clips on the front face that catch the metal work